• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Starship Troopers] Wheeler's Wildcats HQ

Vendetta

First Post
that sucks because I don't have the book but loved the movie (haven't read the novels) and think this would be a great game. Plus, I'm in another of your games and enjoying that greatly. (Counts his pennies
5... no wait, that's lint

Bront

The man with the probe
Sounds interesting. However, I've never read the book, seen the series (Never heard about it till now), just the movie.

Still...

Micar Sin

First Post
I'm highly interested in this...I actually have the Starship Troopers book on order right now and it should be in later this week. I've also read the book, seen the movie, and own the Roughnecks series ;)

Karl Green

First Post
OK earlier then I thought :D here is Rock, newest M.I. just out of Basic Training....

Rock; Marcus Eckensberger (Male); Class/Level M.I. Trooper 1; HP 16; Init +2; Defense 21 (DR4); BAB/Grapple +1/+4; Ranged Attack +2; Melee Attack +4; Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +1; Move 35ft; Prestige +1; AP 5; XP0

STR 17 (+3), DEX: 13 (+1), CON: 16 (+3), INT: 10 (+0), WIS: 12 (+1), CHA: 11 (+0)

SPECIAL ABILITY: On the Bounce (+5ft Move, +1 Initiative)

SKILLS: Acrobatics +2, Athletics +7, Knowledge: Tactics +4, Perception +5, Stealth +5, Survival +3

FEATS: Advanced Firearm Proficiency, Brawl, Burst Fire, Point Blank Shot, Power Armor Proficiency, Simple Firearm Proficiency

Languages: German, Military Hand Sign

STANDARD OUTFIT (encumbrance: 20lbs)
Unarmed Punch (attack +5, damage/nonlethal 1d6+3, crit 20)
Combat Knife (attack +4, damage 1d4+3, crit 19-20, Rng 20ft/4sq, SZ small, Wt 1lb)
Brunhamm TW-102-s ‘Peacemaker’ Pistol (attack +2, damage 2d6+1, crit 20, Rng 50ft/10sq, ROF S, Mag 15, SZ small, Wt 3lb)
Morita TW-203-a Rifle (attack +2, damage 2d8+1, crit 20, Rng 125ft/25, ROF S, A (Burst), Mag 30, SZ large, Wt 7lb)
M-1A4 Power Armor (Def +9, DR 4, Speed: Base, Wt 190lb)
Combat Belt (2lb) with 3 extra clips of TW-203-a ammo
Lizard Line (3 lb)
Day’s worth of Food, and two Canteens (3 lb)

Marcus was born and grew up in Berlin, in the Central European Zone II. His father, Hans, was ex-M.I. whom retired after his lost his left arm and leg during one of the many Mormon uprisings/civil disorders of the early century. His mother was a civilian who he meet after he mustered out, and they were married within six months of meeting each other. Marcus had mostly happy memories of his youth, and grew up on the tales of the Mobile Infantry and the glory of the United Citizen’s Federation. So of course he joined up as soon as he was 18, and has only recently gotten out of Basic Training.

Marcus has always been very big for his age, and even now is still growing a bit as his muscles filled out after Basic Training. He is basically a happy-go-lucky fellow, friendly with all, but not overly popular. He has never really known the ‘right words’ to get others to be drawn to him and he is not overly smart. But he knows this and is not looking to run anything, he is perfectly happy to follow orders and do what he is told.

Name: Marcus Eckensberger
Birthplace: Berlin, Central European Zone II
Call-sign: Rock
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 208 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Any Distinguishing marks/scares: none

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
Color me interested, but I don't have the rules. I'm interested in playing an engineer type character.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Krude there Gomez, I re-read that you wanted to Roll the stats... do we get to arrange them as we wish?? IF so I will still play the basic character (Rock) and use his two best stats for Str and Con... sorry about that :(

Falkus if you go to the place the Gomez post for the Preview you can get the basics for the game...check it out :D

Gomez

First Post
Karl Green said:
Krude there Gomez, I re-read that you wanted to Roll the stats... do we get to arrange them as we wish?? IF so I will still play the basic character (Rock) and use his two best stats for Str and Con... sorry about that :(

Falkus if you go to the place the Gomez post for the Preview you can get the basics for the game...check it out :D

Your roll for stats is fine. I trust you Karl! ;)

Everyone, you can roll your own stats if you wish .

Sorry that I have been busy for the past few days. Two kid's birthdays and an anniversary can to that!

Gomez

First Post
Karl,

You have read the book. What do you think about the Call Signs? They did not have them in the book, movie, or CGI series. I wonder why they put them into the RPG?

Remove ads