Starting gold at higher levels

I'm currently away from my computer and attempting to make a character. Unfortunately, I don't have my books. Can somebody help me and give me the starting gold for a level 11 character as per the DMG?

BadMojo

First Post
CrimsonWineGlass said:
I'm currently away from my computer and attempting to make a character. Unfortunately, I don't have my books. Can somebody help me and give me the starting gold for a level 11 character as per the DMG?

I don't think that's something in the SRD (along with starting gold for a 1st level character). EnWorld is pretty strict about making sure we don't post stuff that's not Open Content.

starwed

First Post
EnWorld is pretty strict about making sure we don't post stuff that's not Open Content.
Right, but this isn't copyrighted game text. It's a simple number, or if you look at it another way, a rule without the slightest bit of artistic expression.

It would be copyright infringement to post a scan of the table from the DMG, but the rules to a game can't be copyrighted.
US Copyright Office said:
Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form. Copyright protection does not extend to any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in the development, merchandising, or playing of a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles.

That said, it would be perfectly fine for enworld to have a policy against posting this sort of info. ^_^ But I haven't read anywhere that they do.

Li Shenron

Legend
CrimsonWineGlass said:

Give them 65000gp which is not copyrighted :mad:

Remove ads