STARTING RIGHT NOW! MEGA ADVENTURE: Calling all players!

Phoenix8008

First Post
RA, I have another character Phoenix, that might just be wrapping up the adventure she's been on. I've asked the DM there to see if we are close enough to done to get her back here quick to join in these adventures (in a seperate party from Saithnar, of course). By the conclusion of her current adventure, she should end up being a 4th level Elan Soulknife. I should know more tomorrow whether or not it might be possible for her to get back in time. Just wanted to post this now as a placeholder hopefully.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
RA, I have another character Phoenix, that might just be wrapping up the adventure she's been on. I've asked the DM there to see if we are close enough to done to get her back here quick to join in these adventures (in a seperate party from Saithnar, of course). By the conclusion of her current adventure, she should end up being a 4th level Elan Soulknife. I should know more tomorrow whether or not it might be possible for her to get back in time. Just wanted to post this now as a placeholder hopefully.
Don't make the GM rush. I'm not starting too too soon on this, and when it starts, it will begin with the Council discussion that doesn't count as anregular adventure, so you can probably time-skip and bring a character in to discuss who isn't quite done yet, unless you plan on dying ;)

Two Elan, eh? Hmm, it seems like the current crop of Elan starting with Eternity are very different than the my Zaeryl and El Jefe's Boog.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Don't make the GM rush. I'm not starting too too soon on this, and when it starts, it will begin with the Council discussion that doesn't count as anregular adventure, so you can probably time-skip and bring a character in to discuss who isn't quite done yet, unless you plan on dying ;)

Two Elan, eh? Hmm, it seems like the current crop of Elan starting with Eternity are very different than the my Zaeryl and El Jefe's Boog.
OOC: Wasn't trying to rush anyone. I got nothing but respect for the GM's here and don't mean to slight anyone. However, I have been around long enough to see how quickly adventure opportunities are nabbed up and didn't want to miss out if I could help it. :D

OOC2: In what way are the Elan now different?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: Wasn't trying to rush anyone. I got nothing but respect for the GM's here and don't mean to slight anyone. However, I have been around long enough to see how quickly adventure opportunities are nabbed up and didn't want to miss out if I could help it. :D

OOC2: In what way are the Elan now different?
This is all OOC. And don't worry. We have ~36 slots or so, and Phoenix is maybe one of 2 applying for the 30 slots for higher level.

As for the Elan, Zaeryl is the product of a merging of symbiont and a regular human. The symbiont seems mostly dominant. Boog is the reverse. They were the first two LEW Elan.

Starting with Eternity, we get these secret societies and no symbiont, although we now have 2 or 3 separate secret societies that go around turning people into Elan, either willingly or unwillingly.

It's not a big deal, but I did notice when it started happening. Zaeryl considers the others other than Boog to be a curiosity--either not quite Elan at all or else possessed of the disturbing ability wherein the host absorbs the symbiont completely.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Interesting about the Elan. Maybe a difference in the fluff from the 3e and 3.5 edition Psionics? (I know the 3.5 version specifies the 'secret society' origin.) Or did they even have Elan in 3.0 Psionics? I don't remember. Unless it was LEW specific fluff that led to the symbiont thing? Hmmm. As for my two, hard to say if the host took over completely or the symbiont did if I used your idea. They both were very different people before the change but could easily have been converted by the same secret group.

Sorry to take up your thread with Elan discussion... :heh:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Interesting about the Elan. Maybe a difference in the fluff from the 3e and 3.5 edition Psionics? (I know the 3.5 version specifies the 'secret society' origin.) Or did they even have Elan in 3.0 Psionics? I don't remember. Unless it was LEW specific fluff that led to the symbiont thing? Hmmm. As for my two, hard to say if the host took over completely or the symbiont did if I used your idea. They both were very different people before the change but could easily have been converted by the same secret group.

Sorry to take up your thread with Elan discussion... :heh:
There were no 3.0 Elan, but of course, racial fluff is always expendable (for instance, Eberron Gnomes and Elves are not like those in the PH). If the character right now has the same memories, desires, etc from before and never hears the voice of the Other in their head, then it isn't quite the same. It could be Zaeryl's dead symbiont theory, or just something else that creates similar properties and isn't a "proper" elan by Zaeryl's standards. As for clutter, I don't mind, and you're also bumping it. That gets more views. We appear to have had at least one poster here who never does LEW but noticed the grandiose name ;)

ajanders

Explorer
Michael might join you.
Then again, with his current Wisdom, he might just live happily in the woods and play with his toes.

Then again, he might die horribly.

Adventuring is a confusing business and it may not fit your time schedule, but all things are possible.

Remove ads