• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat that movie!

Hakkenshi

First Post
Weird, I just checked the SRD and it's not there. Where the hell did I get this??? I was sure a Mass Polymorph spell existed...was there one in 2nd Ed.?

jester47

First Post
Scupper said:
Yes, it's time for a game of STAT THAT MOVIE!!!

Take a film and tell us the classes of the major characters, as well as dissecting some of the highlights of the film in d20 terms (core rules only, please). Feel free to point out the mistakes the films have made in interpreting the D&D rules!

Example:

Disney's Sleeping Beauty

How about making the witch a black dragon with wizard levels polymorphed into a human?

Aaron.

Scupper

First Post
Re: Re: Stat that movie!

jester47 said:

How about making the witch a black dragon with wizard levels polymorphed into a human?

Aaron.

Well, then you have to deal with the question of how Prince Phillip could ever have killed a dragon in a single blow with a weapon he's probably not even proficient in (thrown longsword?)

It's easier to imagine him killing Maleficent if she's a Wizard polymorphed, because she doesn't gain any hit points from the transformation.

You could try to say that the sword is a sword of dragon bane or something, but that creates a whole other problem if Flora can just pull a potent magic item like that out of thin air. It's unlikely she could have procured one ahead of time and just happened to have it somewhere she could retrieve (like a glove of storing, for instance.

Psion

Adventurer
Take a film and tell us the classes of the major characters, as well as dissecting some of the highlights of the film in d20 terms (core rules only, please). Feel free to point out the mistakes the films have made in interpreting the D&D rules!

Example:

Disney's Sleeping Beauty

Oh, that's great. A lot of people overlook this as a classic D&D reference movie. Not us parents of young girls, tho!

One nitpick:

Prince Phillip - At first glance, Prince Phillip seems like a paladin, but he's clearly just a mid-to-high level fighter, as his whimsical decision to flout his father's wishes and marry a "peasant girl" illustrate. Obviously Neutral or Chaotic Good. We'll call him a Fighter 10/Rogue 5 (he's quite adept at fighting without armor).

Eh. No rogue. Aristocrat.

Scupper

First Post
Psion said:

Eh. No rogue. Aristocrat.

Well, I suppose that's possible, but I was thinking more along the lines of the "charming rogue." I have a little trouble imagining Prince Phillip taking an NPC class. It just seems so beneath him.

Ferret: Willow is a 1988 swords and sorcery movie starring Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis. As far as Discworld goes, I'm sorry but I just don't know it well enough.

Last edited:

Remove ads