Stat this up # 1

Nookie

Explorer
ANy ideas for some powers? Maybe some kind of magical spores?
Curative spores
Illusiory spores
Spores that make people become lost

Maybe some sort of Snail afinity. We could stat out a riding snale or something they use as transportatin.

Cleon

Legend
Illusory spores sound fun.

I'd have them associate with snails but leave it as flavor text.

Looks like I'm late to the party. It's been so long since I checked Homebrew.

If the blackberry and snail are the same size as those in what we laughably call Real Life, I'd say this fellow it Fine-sized.

Diminutive is OK thought - it must be a Giant Blackberry.

The fact they're carrying fruit and a mollusc suggests it might be omnivorous.

Does look like a Fey to me, though I would have been OK with some kind of Micro-Myconid.

Do we give them any common Fey powers, like invisibility?

No scrub that, how about they hide themselves by sticking their feet in the ground and taking the form of a mundane mushroom!

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The size business is a bit weird. The table in the MM glossary says Fine is "6 in or less" in length, while Diminutive is longer/taller. However, the table in the PHB lists the example critters as being a fly for Fine and a toad for Diminutive. Now, 6 inches is a pretty darn big toad. Which takes precedence?

Cleon

Legend
The size business is a bit weird. The table in the MM glossary says Fine is "6 in or less" in length, while Diminutive is longer/taller. However, the table in the PHB lists the example critters as being a fly for Fine and a toad for Diminutive. Now, 6 inches is a pretty darn big toad. Which takes precedence?

I generally use the Monster Manual table for the sizes. Of course it's not applied very consistently in practice. A lot of beasties seem to be a size category larger (or, more rarely, smaller) than their actual dimensions suggest, but it does say the values are only typical lengths & weights.

Anyhow, what about the "fey powers" question - do we give them any abilities common to, say, Sprites. e.g. spell-like abilities, invisibility, damage reduction X/cold iron, low-light vision and spell resistance.

For that matter, is this creature some kind of Sprite?

freyar

All fey get low-light vision (unless otherwise specified) by the rules for the type. I wouldn't make them a sprite; for some reason they seem a bit less magical from that picture. But I'm just spitballing. Maybe Nookie has some preference?

Cleon

Legend
All fey get low-light vision (unless otherwise specified) by the rules for the type. I wouldn't make them a sprite; for some reason they seem a bit less magical from that picture. But I'm just spitballing. Maybe Nookie has some preference?

A Sprite would seem to be a good model for the stats, although we needn't actually make 'em sprites.

freyar

That's a fair point. But, if we give it SLAs, I kind of feel like giving it more plant (and maybe animal) centric ones. Like druid spells.

Cleon

Legend
That's a fair point. But, if we give it SLAs, I kind of feel like giving it more plant (and maybe animal) centric ones. Like druid spells.

Curiously enough, I can't think of a fungus creature in D&D that has druidic spells offhand. I suppose Myconid Kings (okay, okay, "Sovereigns") have a few druid SLAs for the purposes of potion making. Of the Myconids selection, only hide from animals and greater magic fang are Druid/Ranger spells.

The picture suggests they prefer weapons over natural attacks (which raises the question as to how they fight off anything nasty with those dinky little weapons - maybe poison). I could see hide from animals being useful though.

Any other Druid spells you fancy?

Remove ads