Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

JustKim

First Post
When you guys find this thread in Shilsen's sig, are you noticing that it's now three years old? Have you noticed that essentially all of the replies are just people coming in to "stat" themselves and that no discussion is ever stimulated? These are things that I have noticed.

Warren Okuma

First Post
Com 1, monk 1 (aikido, w/o weapon proficiencies), expert 1, cleric 1 (see wisdom), sorc 1 (see charisma), bard 1, rogue 1.
Think I'm gonna take smart hero for my next level.
BAB: zero, zip, nada, nuttin'
St 8
Dx 8
Cn 6
IQ 14
Ws 8
Ch 8
Reason: I had a cat and it didn't kill me. Scratched and bit me with a full array plus rake... and I lived.

JustKim said:
When you guys find this thread in Shilsen's sig, are you noticing that it's now three years old? Have you noticed that essentially all of the replies are just people coming in to "stat" themselves and that no discussion is ever stimulated? These are things that I have noticed.

Having an Int 18, I had fgured these things out without actually having to know them by actually reading stuff. And lest you think that intuition is Wisdom, it's really not -- I'm pretty good at intuition, but I have a mediocre at best Wisdom.

The inevitable stats:
Str 9 -- I do a desk job, and I don't work out more than 10 times a year. Upper body strength is limited and I'm a slow runner, but I'm a lot strong than a hawk (6-7 Str range).

Dex 8 -- Not good at sports, bad at archery, OK at shooting only with practice, not good at moving silently in the woods (I've tried, I'm like a paladin in platemail), not great balance.

Con 12 -- Drained from 14 when I nearly died about 11 years ago, but I'm still a little above average.

Int 18 -- Lots of smart people tell me I'm smartest person they know, and I believe them because . . .

Wis 10 -- Strong-willed but in unwise ways, and absent minded.

Cha 9 -- Wait, who's that guy again? Oh yeah (7 would mean no "oh yeah")

Class: Expert -- though people tell me I would have made a good (computer) Wizard, I only ever dabbled in it, instead sticking to a more muggle-like career.
Race: Human (Suloise)
Level: 4
Home Region: Born in Keoland, educated in Bissel and Highfolk, adventured in Geoff and the County of Urnst, lived overseas for 3 years in Onnwal, now lives in the Duchy of Urnst, but often visits Keoland and Bissel. (Oddly, most of my characters have hung out in the Sheldomar Valley and surrounding territories too.)

I'm worth 21 points.

Last edited:

questbreaker

First Post
STR 11 - stronger than the average person. barely.
DEX 15 - much faster and agile than the regular person. did hurdles in high school.
CON 14 - i get sick once a year, max. and it is always barely perceptible. i can run 3 miles in 25 minutes without actually dying. barely.
INT 13 - i know a lot about things that interest me. i am generally knowledgeable.
WIS 13 - i am very wise, and it is easy for me to understand things.
CHA 11 - i can deal with people, but i prefer not to.

neutral evil, monk 1 / fighter 1 / swashbuckler 1 / rogue 1 / ranger 1 / expert 1.

thats right, im level 6 and i can't really decide what it is that i want. all my stats are odd because i could improve any of them if i tried. i improved my CON at lv4. my feats include but are not limited to Skill Focus: Apathy, Profession: United States Marine, and Jack of All Trades.

Thurbane

First Post
I was thinking about this on the train the other day...if I was to assign myself elite array scores to match my "real world" stats as closely as possible, it would be:

STR 13
DEX 12
CON 10
INT 15
WIS 8
CHA 14

shilsen

Adventurer
Herzog said:
I wonder how shilsen would do.....

Unlike Hastur, you only have to say my name once to summon me!

This is what I got.

You Are A:

True Neutral Human Wizard (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 17
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 18
Charisma- 17

Which is a 68 point buy!

I think I've seen that test before. A lot of the questions are not as mutually exclusive as they're supposed to be. For example, one says "The following statement most accurately describes my health:" and has the following options:

I am sick most of the time.
I seem to get sick as often as most people I know.
I have never missed a day of work due to illness.
I can't remember ever being sick

In my case, I get sick about as much as most people, but usually have some aches and pains (tendency to migraines and toothache), but at the same time, I've never missed a day of work due to illness. Which had nothing to do with being ill, but simply because I refuse to miss a day of work, whatever my physical condition. And there are a lot more such questions where I could pick a couple of answers.

Last edited:

Remove ads