Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

JustKim

First Post
I don't know what my core stats would be, but if we were using the Perception stat from 1E Dragon I would have like a 20 because I've never once been surprised by drow, and they surprise on a 4 in 6.

fuindordm

Adventurer
In a recent thread on Slavelords of Caledonia, Wulf recommended having players who
play themselves assign themselves the elite array as they see fit. So if I were transported to a fantasy world, I would have:

Str: 10 (average size and build)
Dex: 8 (another slow physical learner here)
Con: 14 (got Mono in college, barely felt it-- I very rarely get sick enough to be debilitating)
Int: 16 (IQ+training+level gain)
Wis: 12 (Not terribly perceptive, but very stubborn)
Cha: 13 (I do well in job interviews, and can usually get what I want)

3rd level expert (knowledge (physics), craft (writing), the rest of the ranks spread out
in various skills because I dabble a lot)

Ben

NiTessine

Explorer
I figure I'd be an elf wizard. No true reason for the race, except that I look more like an elf than a dwarf. Wizard, on the other hand, is the only adventuring class for the bookworm. And people keep telling me I look like Harry Potter.

Str: 7. I can't lift stuff worth a damn, and I only hurt people in unarmed combat because I'm so damn bony.
Dex: 14. I've been known to catch things occasionally, as well as slide down an icy slope on my two feet without falling down. I'm also a passable shot with a crossbow and a shortbow.
Con: 11. I have a moderate pain threshold, don't get ill too easily, and have an element of stubbornness that comes into play with continued exertion, like walking 20 kilometers through night and rain, for fun, carrying a heavy backpack full of books. This last bit might also apply to Wisdom, but I think the two halves of it cancel each other out.
Int: 16. While my mathematical gifts are nonexistent, I do seem to have a knack for languages (English is my second language, and I have an instinctive grasp of spelling and grammar.) and an excellent memory. Besides, I need to have at least one really good score to justify my existence.
Wis: 12. I'm not wise, but I'm wise enough to realise I'm not wise. And I'm stubborn, which applies to Will saves.
Cha: 10. A good, neutral choice. Charisma is by far the most difficult stat to gauge by oneself. Sometimes I get along with people. Sometimes I don't. I have friends. I have enemies. *Shrug*

For skills... I think I'd have ranks in Decipher Script, Craft (writing), and an assortment of Knowledge skills, with history being the most prominent one.

The uber-geekiness of this thread demands that I add myself into the mix.
CLASS: Expert 1 (I have no fighting skills, so I can't have advanced a level. Additionally, I only claim to be an expert because I've been in the same career for 9 years.)
CLASS (Alternate): Expert 3 (If you do the 1-exp.-per-day-after-age 20 thing.)
RACE: Uhmm, Human.

STR 12 (I'm moderately strong, but not exceptionally so.)
DEX 10 (I don't fall over myself, but I'm no acrobat either.)
CON 14 (Most of my "strength" comes from my tolerance to illness, extreme environments, pain and such)
INT 13 (Smarter than the average bear, at least)
WIS 16 (I've often thought that this is my best trait. But is it wise to be prideful?)
CHA 9 (I've got such a low-key personality, it's actually a detriment)

FEATS: Skill Focus -- Diplomacy (While I've got no personality, I am a good arbitrator and "teller of bad news"), Iron Will (I have a hard time believing in anything, much less illusions and "spells")

Last edited:

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
Str - 12 (I wouldn't say I'm STRONG, but I'm at least above average.)
Dex - 10 (I'm no where near dextrous in any regard)
Con - 16 (I never get sick... ever. Unless it's with something dangerous, and even then it's gone in 24 hours.)
Int - 16 (IQ/10 rule... Apparently I don't act as smart as I actually am)
Wis - 4 (NO Willpower... well, SOME willpower, but definitely a MAJOR deficit in this ability score. :p)
Cha - 15 (I can be manipulative... a little scheming and I'm generally well-liked.)

I'd have to say: Weak-willed Paladin... maybe with a level or two of Rogue in there to support my darker side's presence....

Abe.ebA

First Post
Str: 8 Used to be an 11, then I stopped working out for 3 years.
Dex: 12 Good hand-eye coordination and I can pass Witch Doctor on Crazy on the local Pump It Up machine.
Con: 9 On the one hand my chronic migranes have given me a fairly high pain tolerance but on the other hand I've had tonsillitis 3 times in 3 years and get every bug that goes around.
Int: 17 Finished a double major in physics and math in 3 years and graduated with honors (now going for my PhD) so it's got to be fairly high, but I'm not superhuman or anything.
Wis: 13 I like to think I'm less gullible and have more willpower than most of the couch trolls that are my countrymen.
Cha: 8 I don't know anyone who dislikes me and I'm not bad looking but I'm pretty sure I'm mildly autistic (seems to go with the territory of being a physicist).

Human Expert 3
Feats: Skill Focus(Knowledge: Physics), Skill Focus(Knowledge: Math), Skill Focus(Craft: Programming)

Wizard might be closer, class-wise, but so far my spells' material components are bigger and several orders of magnitude more expensive than it would be to accomplish the same effect by mundane means.

Dragonbait

Explorer
NG semi-human Bard (but I like the warrior types better!) 2.

Str 14 - If I worked out again, it would be 15 or 16 according to the encumbrance tables.
Dex 6 - A bull in a china shop.
Con 13 - I rarely get sick
Int 13- Good but selective memory, well versed some aras of knowledge, well educated
Wis 10 - Average intuition, average willpower
Cha 13 - I have Perform skill ranks and I can entertain people and make them laugh easily.

I think I overestimated some of my stats.
I suck as a bard.

kolikeos

First Post
str 9
dex 10
con 11
int 13
wis 10
cha 9
CN first level expert

PS
some people are full of themselves... duh :p
i doubt even stupid people are going to admit a low int... but i also believe most of the people here do have more than 10

Remove ads