• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Statistics Block Legality

JimTS

First Post
(I apologize if this is the wrong forum, it looked the closest to what I'm asking about.)

Is the monster statistics block from MMIV legal for d20 OGL games?

kingpaul

First Post
JimTS said:
Is the monster statistics block from MMIV legal for d20 OGL games?
If its the same style as seen in DMG2, then not yet. There was a thread earlier here (can't find it now) that one of the other users went to Rich Redman. Rich said that the new statblock wasn't yet OGC, but would be included in the update to the RSRD.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
kingpaul said:
If its the same style as seen in DMG2, then not yet. There was a thread earlier here (can't find it now) that one of the other users went to Rich Redman. Rich said that the new statblock wasn't yet OGC, but would be included in the update to the RSRD.
And when would that update be?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
kingpaul said:

Actually, they got back in contact with him and said that yes, it was alright. I may need to go digging...

*EDIT*
HalHalWhitewyrm said:
01-11-06, 05:37 PM
I received another email from Rich as a follow up. Rich asked that the contents not be posted to boards, though.

However, I can tell you that those who are interested in receiving a definitive answer to the question of the new statblock should just email Rich at rich.redman[at]wizards[dot]com and get a reply straight from the source.

The original thread was lost it appers, during the Great Crash of '06....

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

talien

Community Supporter
FYI, the stat block is used in Crisis in Freeport, so I'm guessing that means it's now officially open for use.

Aussiegamer

First Post
whats the difference between the new and old?

I can understand the new monsters not being open but the way it looks?

can you copyright the way it looks?

if the information is allowable in the one format then surely the inforamtion is allowable in any format.

Not all OGL systems use the same format as shown in the SRD. Or do they?

Last edited:

Remove ads