[Still Recruiting][D20 Modern/PDF]Interdimensional Explorers: Into The Vortex

Nightbreeze

First Post
Neat! A game type that I like, a system I know, and a DM that I am absolutely sure won't vanish in the middle of the game :)

I was thinking along the lines of Alexander Dubchek, 43 years old former KGB agent. After the fall of the Soviet Union, he spent his time as a mercenary for several organizations. He is skillful with most weapons, but prefers hand-to-hand combat. Makes at most 7-8 missions each year: he has an adopted 5 years old daughter and spends his time with her in Quèbec. Especially good at surprising foes and dispatching them quickly. Will provide further background.

I will probably be the muscles of the group, as it seems that all of the others are scientists and mechanics.

Alexander Dubchek, Strong Hero 5
1) Melee smash I, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Improved Initiative, Quick Draw
2) [Blind fight], Two Weapons Fighting
3) Melee smash II,
4) Advanced Firearms Proficiency
5) Melee snash III, Exotic Firearms Proficiency [grenade launchers]

Starting wealth: 11

Stats:
Str: 18 +4 (13 points, +1 level)
Dex: 13 +1 (5 points)
Con: 12 +1 (4 points)
Int: 14 +2 (6 points)
Wis: 10 +0 (2 points)
Cha: 10 +0 (2 points)

Equipment. Stored in a secret room at home. You will notice that I have no firearms. That is intentional :D

40 lb. Capacity Aluminium travel case
Briefcase
Range pack
Different outfits, including a parka. (no business or formal suit)
Cell phone
Digital audio recorder
Steel handcuffs x2
Standard binoculars
Chemical light sticks (5)
Climbing gear
Compass
Battery flood Flashlight
Rope 2x150ft
Sleeping bag
2-person dome tent
Standard scope

5x Perfect knife (DC 10)

AC: 14
Hit points:32= 8+19+5

Attack: Knife +10 (+5 bab+4 str+1 dmg) Damage: 1d4+7 (+4str+3melee smash)

Full attack: Knife +8/Knife +8 Damage: 1d4+7/1d4+7

Saves:
Fort +4
Ref +2
Will +1

Skills:
- Profession (photographer) +8
- Swim +12
- Move silently (occupation) + 9
- Hide (occupation) +9
- Climb +10
- Speak/Write: Russian (mother tongue), English

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
That give me extra points!

Nightbreeze, what do you think of planning a shared background? Been the two characters from Russia it could be interesting to have them linked in some old friendship, may be pursuited by Stalin forces. Or on the other hand, it could be also great thet your character was investigating Lotka for some suspicious research. They might be the "all life enemies" now forced to work together.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Nightbreeze, what do you think of planning a shared background? Been the two characters from Russia it could be interesting to have them linked in some old friendship, may be pursuited by Stalin forces. Or on the other hand, it could be also great thet your character was investigating Lotka for some suspicious research. They might be the "all life enemies" now forced to work together.

I am encouraging this.

How do you two feel about the university/lab and campaign background starting off in Russia? I've been giving this some thought, so I'm not sure if I want to or not; it would be a little extra homework, but I'm getting good vibes from it.

serow

First Post
Just putting a rough outline here

Russian-born Chinese student, majoring in mechanical engineering. Average student, nothing outstanding academically but likes tinkering with bikes and robots. Was called in by Professor Jalinski one day to help adjust some cables and stuff for a "quiet project".

"Kaen" Kong Kai En, Dedicated Hero 5
Wealth: 2d4+5+3 = 12

Str 12
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 15 +1 = 16
Cha 10

Notable Skills: Computer Use +9, Drive +6, Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +3, Knowledge (Technology) +3, Listen +11, Repair +12, Spot +11, Tumble +6, Treat Injury +11

HP: 30 (6 + 4d6=14 + 2x5=10)
AC: 15 (10 base + 3 class + 2 Dex)
Fort +5 (3 base + 2 Con)
Ref +3 (1 base + 2 Dex)
Will +6 (3 base + 3 Wis)

Languages: English, Chinese, Russian

1) Simple Weapon Prof, Skill Emphasis (Repair), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Personal Firearms Proficiency
2) Track, Heroic Surge
3) Aware
4) Educated (Physical Sciences, Technology)
5) Cool Under Pressure (Computer Use, Drive, Repair, Survival, Tumble, Treat Injury), Improved Initiaitive

Equipment: getting to it, can't rmbr how the purchase DC system works

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Str 12 +1 = 13
Dex 15 +1 = 16
Con 15 +1 = 16
Int 12 +1 = 13
Wis 14 +1 +1 = 16
Cha 10 +1 = 11

Serow, please diregard the +1 to all attribute column. The only two columns I'm using from that table is the third to last and second to last ones. Also, have you given any thought to the two custom feats I posted up?

Remove ads