• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Still Recruiting][D20 Modern/PDF]Interdimensional Explorers: Into The Vortex

serow

First Post
OK updated the stats.
Are those feats part of the Dedicated hero's bonus feats list? I'd take them if they were, but otherwise my D-hero is already severely lacking in areas other than skills.

Nightbreeze

First Post
That give me extra points!

Nightbreeze, what do you think of planning a shared background? Been the two characters from Russia it could be interesting to have them linked in some old friendship, may be pursuited by Stalin forces. Or on the other hand, it could be also great thet your character was investigating Lotka for some suspicious research. They might be the "all life enemies" now forced to work together.

I am encouraging this.

How do you two feel about the university/lab and campaign background starting off in Russia? I've been giving this some thought, so I'm not sure if I want to or not; it would be a little extra homework, but I'm getting good vibes from it.

That sounds good. After reading the background of the discovery and of Lotka, I'd propose this: During the last years of the Soviet Union, Alexander Dubchek was an young but extremely capable agent appointed to give military support and help to the research units, and thus came into contact with Lotka. His involvement consisted into observing his creations and dispatching them, if something nasty happened. Also, several times he had to travel in foreign countries and to steal plans and research notes from other professors.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, there was much chaos everywhere: a great number of secret organizations were no longer in contact and there was no strong central goverment. Thus, most of the scientist were on their own, as there were no funds and no support. For the first 2 years (1991-1993) Alexander just moved in Canada and took mercenary missions. Then, by chance, he came again into contact with Lotka, and his network of scientists. They had procured funds for their research, but needed assistance in military and espionage affairs, and money only couldn't grant it. Alexander re-estabilished his contacts with members of the KGB, the army and so on.

So to say, I am the "military" assistant of the researchers. Not all of my missions are done for them, as there are other people who pay me better, but we are often in contact.

Remove ads