• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion stands at the gate, taking in their present surroundings and storing it in his mental map. Without a word, he moves forward on the trail. As the group walks, he looks for trees, forests, diverging paths, rocky outcrops, anything in which anyone could hide.

OOC: Could we get a general picture of the road? ie: Through a forest, a plain, many forks, no forks, etc.

El Jefe

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Could we get a general picture of the road? ie: Through a forest, a plain, many forks, no forks, etc.
OoC: Rolling hills, mostly. Patches of trees, sometimes near the road, usually not. Occasional rocky outcrops (really, just big half-buried boulders), of course the road doesn't go right over any of them.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana, gnome Bard

When Gallingar, his Jonton left,
he to the sky made the vow.
That swift though the fiery chariot race
He would return, in first place.

"Scodi, said the robbery took place a couple hours out along the road to Brimbor. Shall we?"

OOC: No forrest? To bad.

hafrogman

Adventurer
With thanks and a bow, Alden takes his leave from Isabella and goes to speak to the guardsmen. He sits down with them at a table in the common room and begins to speak. Normally quiet and unobtrusive, he has become very businesslike, laying out the situation for the guards.

"My name is Alden, and this is Dae. Master Scodi has hired us to look into the theft of his shipment to hopefully recover his goods and to prevent any further attacks. I need you to remember the events as clearly as possible for me. If your information is detailed enough to help us, I'll be sure to let Scodi know how you aided the investigation. I need to know exactly what you remember of the attack, and also any events leading up until the attack. Anything out of the ordinary on your journey, any one strange on the road, anyone you spoke to regarding the shipment."

He leans back in his chair with a glance to Dae to see if the elf has anything to add.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

LiquidBlue said:
"Scodi, said the robbery took place a couple hours out along the road to Brimbor. Shall we?"

Eanos reaches into his haversack and produces a sling. He loads it as he moves forward, eyes darting about for threats.

"Indeed. Should we stay on the road itself, or attempt to stay off to its side and perhaps be out of sight?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion nods at Joru's push forward. To Eanos he says, "Yes, I think we should stay off the road for now. Let us keep it to our left, we can climb some of these hills for a better vantage point. When we return, we can travel along the other side. That should give us a broad survey of the area." As they're walking, Quarion whistles sharply every now and then. The note seems almost as if it came from a bird native to the area. After a few such calls, Garma can be seen racing through the gentle valleys towards the three scouts. When the elf and wolf are reunited, Quarion just places a hand on Garma's head, not saying a word. Understanding the silent request, Garma stays nearby at Quarion's heel.

OOC: Not sure if any checks are required for that, a nature check for emulating a native bird, or calling Garma from a long distance?

El Jefe

First Post
hafrogman said:
"I need to know exactly what you remember of the attack, and also any events leading up until the attack. Anything out of the ordinary on your journey, any one strange on the road, anyone you spoke to regarding the shipment."
The men looked at each other, then one began to speak:

"Well, there were two of them. We'd stoped in Rosehurst not half an hour earlier to water the mules. It was a completely ordinary day, just like any other on the road, nothing suspicious like. I was driving the lead wagon, and one just jumped out from behind this big rock beside the road. He said, 'Halt! You're surrounded!', and I saw another one beside me, back between my wagon and Kathrick's. Don't know where he came from, but there were some bushes back there, so he was probably hiding in them. He said we were surrounded, but I only saw those two. He says, 'Surrender peacefully, and you won't be harmed!' Well, I told him no, and to get out of the way. Then they started to draw weapons, and I remember my eyelids getting real heavy, and that was it. Next thing I know, I came to by the side of the road, and there was Kathrick and Goddar all laid out just like I was. No wagons, no mules, no nothing.

That's it. It was a pretty boring trip up to that point...I don't remember anyone unusual before that, do you, Goddar? And we never talk about what we've got, we're not fools, and if anyone ever prys, we just tell 'em we trade in flavorings for ale, nothing fancy. Though I don't remember anyone being too nosy this trip."

Kathrick and Goddar agreed with the man's story, differing only on minor details.

El Jefe

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Let us keep it to our left, we can climb some of these hills for a better vantage point."
The trio meandered from hilltop to hilltop as they left the pit of Fallon behind. Traffic was heavy at first, but thinned somewhat as they got out of the city.
Rae ArdGaoth said:
As they're walking, Quarion whistles sharply every now and then.

OOC: Not sure if any checks are required for that, a nature check for emulating a native bird, or calling Garma from a long distance?
OoC: Well, we don't need to know how good a job he does at emulating the bird to determine whether the animal comes to him. Let's just say that his furry friend is with him now.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden rubs his chin thoughtfully as he considers the guards' stories.

"So, it sounds like they used magic on you instead of steel, but they left you alive. You are lucky, not all bandits are so generous with life."

As he speaks, Alden's hand drifts subconciously from his chin to caress the scars on the side of his face. After a second, he snatches his hand away and places it on the table.

"So you only saw two men? With perhaps a third to work magic upon you. And if you had stopped for water recently, they would have known you were coming, and had time to get a short distance ahead of you on the road. A scout or runner perhaps in Rosehurst, to report to the others. A small, but efficient set-up.

From the sounds of it, taking wagons and mules and all, they weren't targeting Scodi's goods intentionally, just out to get everything they could. They might not even know what they have.

Thank you, gentlemen I believe I have some ideas to work from here."

He waits for a while to see if Dae has anything to ask the guards, or contribute on the subject of magic.

[sblock=ooc]Haven't seen a post from Test since the game restarted, but he's been around. So I guess I'll just wait for him for a bit.[/sblock]

Remove ads