• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

OOC: That's good. I think we said we'd meet at the East gate at sunset, right? That ought to be a day trip, there and back.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana

OOC: I agree. We go out and back again. Basicly we walk out for half the day, then walk back to meet with the rest of the group. Even if we don't really discover the location of the raid, or we cannot identify it. It hink it is useful for us to become familar with the local geography. If we find any forrest animals, Joru may even ask them if they know anything.

El Jefe

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
OOC: Basicly we walk out for half the day, then walk back to meet with the rest of the group... If we find any forrest animals, Joru may even ask them if they know anything.
Eanos, Quarion, and Joru paralleled the road for half a day, then turned around. The walked along the hills, copses, fields and meadows beside the road on the opposite side on the way back. This was settled country, with rolling hills and small farms. Traffic on the road tapered off the farther they got from the city gates, but there were enough travelers from afar on the road that it was rare that they could see as far as they could from a hilltop without spying at least one lone cart or foot-traveler off in the distance. Still, the way the road twisted between the hills, it was certainly plausible that someone could have been ambushed somewhere along the way.

The three encountered the occasional bird flying about, and saw livestock in the distance. But there were no animals near the road, perhaps to discourage rustlers, and there was entirely too much traffic for most wild animals to abide. An exception was the buzzard making a meal out of what might have been a rabbit, but even that creature flew off at the party's approach.

OoC: I think that brings us all back to waiting for Dae...

hafrogman

Adventurer
After interviewing the guards, Alden takes time to ask around a few merchants, a few bartenders, a few guards if he can find any loitering around. He asks if any of them have heard of attacks on the same road as Scodi's shipment. Nothing too prying, just checking if it's an isolated incident or not.

By the end of the day he makes his way to wait at the gate for his return of his companions. If there are any guards at the gate, he will ask their opinion on the attack as well. See if they have heard anything.

OOC: I've seen Iamthetest posting in other threads, LEB, so we may just have to move on without him if he gave up on this one.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Upon returning to the gate, Quarion exhales heavily and turns around, scanning the horizon. "Well," he sighs, "That was rather futile. I admit it is pleasant taking a walk on natural trails rather than those artificial scars humans insist on burning through the earth. But we found nothing. If the bandits laid an ambush, it is mobile and temporary. Hopefully the others came up with more relevant information. We may need to visit the next town on the caravan route."

El Jefe

First Post
hafrogman said:
After interviewing the guards, Alden takes time to ask around a few merchants, a few bartenders, a few guards if he can find any loitering around. He asks if any of them have heard of attacks on the same road as Scodi's shipment.
There were always tales of bandits and highwaymen, but Alden heard no mention of attacks so near the city. When there have been more than one or two isolated incidents, the city would send out the army to make patrols...that usually made short work of any bandits.

As the day drew to an end, Alden and Dae met with Quarion, Joru and Eanos returning from their explorations.
hafrogman said:
OOC: I've seen Iamthetest posting in other threads, LEB, so we may just have to move on without him if he gave up on this one.
That being the case, I'll NPC him for a little bit, then write him out if he doesn't show up in a reasonable time.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden is leaning up against the wall when his companions return from their expedition. He steps out of the shade and nods to them slightly.

"Gentlemen. Did you have any luck?"

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana

hafrogman said:
Alden is leaning up against the wall when his companions return from their expedition. He steps out of the shade and nods to them slightly.

"Gentlemen. Did you have any luck?"

We did not discover the bandits, nor were we able to identify the place of the attack. But all is not lost for we now know the country, and the lay of the land. It has been a pleasurable day, and the knowledge we have gained will prove valuable. What did you learn from the guards?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden ticks off the points of interest as he speaks, summarizing his discussion.

"The guards were ambushed by two men who claimed to have the surrounded. There may have been a third who remained in hiding, as it seems as if they were overcome by magic.

The wagon and draft animals were stolen with the goods, so we may be able to look for those.

This happened outside of a village where they stopped for water, which is quite possibly a base of operations for our bandits.

Banditry is not unheard of, but it seems as if this attack was fairly unique. I still do not know if the thieves knew what they were looking for, or why they targeted Scodi's shipment."

After summarizing everything and considering whether he had left out anything of importance, Alden lapses into his usual silence and waits for input.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Quarion ponders the new information for a moment. "It seems to me that our next step is visiting this small town. Any other ideas before we report back to Scodi?"

Remove ads