Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden shrugs.

"They seemed honest enough. Perhaps it is just MY suspicious nature, but I expect that had they been involved, they would have made some effort to appear more . . . skilled, rather than allowing it to be known that they were defeated without a fight."

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: Just wanted to say I'll have sporadic internet access between now and 1/2/07. Post away as you please, and if I can log in, I'll do my part. Otherwise, see you next year!

And Happy Hollidays to one and all!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion's trance was pleasantly long, as usual when he travels with humans. The extra hours he spent stretching while the others slept did him well, and now he feels refreshed and ready for another long journey.

The discussion about today's destination and traveling company begins. Quarion comments, "It has been my experience that men lie often and for no reason. The forest creatures, however, always speak the truth. I know Joru here can speak with animals of the earth. If we can locate the boulder of which the guards speak, then we can always ask the animals nearby for eye witness accounts. Birds of prey have magnificent eyesight. In my opinion, we should ask the guards for specific, concrete details about the site of the robbery. Those things are much more difficult to lie about. But we should still take everything they testify to with... a grain of salt, as humans would say. I do not think they will take kindly to traveling all the way to another town without a day's wages, but if one of us believes it is worth the effort, it would do little harm to ask, I think."

Prepared Spells: (4/3)
Level 0: create water, light, purify food and drink, detect magic
Level 1: cure light wounds, charm animal, speak with animals
Level 2: spider climb, fog cloud

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden shakes his head.

"We have spent enough time already on the mission. I believe we have enough information to gain an idea of where to go. We can try questioning the beasts, if they have enough wit to know of what we speak. But nothing will be gained by spending time to try and gather more information, or to coerce the guardsmen into accompanying us. Come, it is time."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

The elf nods. "I too believe the human guardsmen have done all they will for us. Asking would not hurt, but it would be a waste of time. Even if they agree to join us, what new information could they give us? No, let us go to the site, inquire of the animals more details, and then continue on to the town."

If everyone else agrees, Quarion nods again and leads the journey out of the city to the road.

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: It's probably a good idea here to have a roll call respose to Quarion's plan, since this is the first real action since the holidays, and it's been a while since everyone's posted in this thread.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Rae ArdGaoth said:
The elf nods. "I too believe the human guardsmen have done all they will for us. Asking would not hurt, but it would be a waste of time. Even if they agree to join us, what new information could they give us? No, let us go to the site, inquire of the animals more details, and then continue on to the town."

If everyone else agrees, Quarion nods again and leads the journey out of the city to the road.

The stoic monk shrugs and nods. "If we suspect the guards of collaboration, it only causes us extra trouble to bring them along, since they'll be extra enemies. Trying to find the site on our own now that we have a proper description seems a sound enough plan."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden nods with the others.

"It seems we are in agreement then."

[sblock=ooc]That's three out of four. That seems like the best we're going to do in the short run. If LiquidBlue sees this pop up again he can still be tagging along.

So. . . *bump*[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

OOC: I'm still here. I think I was waiting for El Jefe to bring us to the rock so we could speak with the animals.

Remove ads