stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'll make four (?) vials if that's okay? Jarrith already has two, so having a half-dozen is probably a good idea. I'll also post that he's carved a bunch of stakes as well to hand out to people.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Decided to try and make Jarrith in 4E. All in all, looks to be pretty cool.

JARRITH BRONNS
Build: Pursuing Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
Background: Birth - Blessed

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 20, Cha 12.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 26 Fort: 17 Reflex: 21 Will: 21
HP: 74 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight, Religion, Stealth, Acrobatics, Perception, Thievery.

FEATS
1: Two-Weapon Fighting
1: Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)
2: Sneak of Shadows
4: Armor Proficiency (Leather)
6: Two-Weapon Defense
8: Weapon Expertise (Light Blade)

POWERS
1, At-Will: Bond of Pursuit
1, At-Will: Overwhelming Strike
1, At-Will: Radiant Vengeance
1, Encounter: Angelic Alacrity
1, Daily: Oath of the Final Duel
2, Utility: Distracting Flare
3, Encounter: Sequestering Strike
5, Daily: Executioner's Cloak
6, Utility: Aspect of Agility
7, Encounter: Inexorable Pursuit
9, Daily: Temple of Shadow

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Quick Rapier +1, Short sword, Magic Leather Armor +2
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Made some slight changes to things like ability scores, and took some feats that more accurantely matched up to the 3E version, even if they weren't necessarily the best options to take. I also had to take a short sword as my off-hand weapon, as I couldn't dual-wield rapiers and still get the +1 damage bonus.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Its pretty sweet.

I can't recommend it enough. I think those people that refuse to get D&DI because of whatever reasons they have, are short-changing themselves. The Builder itself is worth the $6ish bucks a month, but when you throw in the Compendium, the Encounter Builder *AND* both Dungeon and Dragon magazines... it is absolutely worth it.

The home game that I DM is much more interesting (and easier to put together) now that I have monsters from every single WotC source at my fingertips, rather than just the Monster Manual. I don't have to spend any time leveling monsters up or down to get them to the encounter level I need... there's invariably an already-adjusted or brand new version of the monster I might need that I can simply cut 'n paste out of the Encounter Builder.

The whole thing is fantastic for the little money you actually spend for it.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
And the power cards you get along with the character sheet have those pre-calculated to-hits and damage on them as well. Those rock too.

renau1g

First Post
All right, all right you convinced me. Now I just need to wait a few weeks until my wife's paychecks start coming in again. (Damn daycare is crazy expensive!)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As a note, not all of the material for the sunsword must be platinum, but it does need a some to seed at least. Let me know how much you folks actually have.

Remove ads