• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

Stormwind

First Post
As you all might have noticed, Ashlyn has left a number of details out of her story, particulary the following:
  • Any mention of Danovich's diary or the fragment that was stolen by the claw agent
  • Any mention of the claw agents
  • Any specific mention of Ashlyn's original purpose in Barovia
  • Any mention of the Thalost six's original purpose in Barovia
  • Any specific mention of the caravan
  • Any mention of Urik
  • Any mention of the Sunsword or the Symbol
  • Any mention of Madam Eva's other foretellings
  • Any mention of the fanes (the one on Lysaga hill and the one in the nymph's cave in the forest)

I'm not sure how much Ashlyn might divulge at this stage (probably as little as possible - she believes in keeping her cards close to her chest on this one), but her intent is simply to tell him only that which he could find out (or already know) from other means.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
If we are going to bluff this guy, I think Marot needs to be the one who does it, since he has a +15 bluff mod.

Question is, what exactly do we want to tell/bluff him?

I don't know if he is going to be very receptive to directly being asked for the Tome of Strahd, but who knows -- its so crazy it just might work...

Stormwind

First Post
Well ... if he responds positively to Ashlyn's requests, you might get you chance at the library without having to divulge much at all ...

So .... are we feeling lucky ... are we?

Stormwind

First Post
heh ... somehow I didn't think so .. nothing here is that easy ;)

@stonegod: Just to clarify things for myself, In the following quote, when Sergei mentions the boon, is he referring to the castle library or the chapel or both ... 'cause I'm a bit confused - it seems to be replying to Ashlyns request to visit the chapel, but then he mentions the castle tomes ...
stonegod said:
"You are not the first to ask for such a boon, for access to the Castle's tomes in particular. It is best you learn from her lesson and do not pursue this."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Stormwind said:
@stonegod: Just to clarify things for myself, In the following quote, when Sergei mentions the boon, is he referring to the castle library or the chapel or both ... 'cause I'm a bit confused - it seems to be replying to Ashlyns request to visit the chapel, but then he mentions the castle tomes ...
Sergei seems to implying that visiting the Castle in both places would be dangerous, but someone ('her') asked to go to the library ('access to the Castle's tomes in particular') and it apparently did not end well for her.

stonegod

So, what's the plan, folks? Other than Jarrith going solo somewhere he don't know where in the dark perhaps. I'm taking it the feast is being left behind.

pathfinderq1 Just because one doesn't have to eat, doesn't mean they won't, especially to be polite. FYI.

James Heard

Explorer
Janis is hoping someone suggests burning down the castle and then let the Inquisitor sorts help sort out which of the possible fleeing inhabitants are safe to kill.

Me? I would love for the party to go right back to the village and let Janis make some scrolls of Reincarnation, no matter what Janis-me can rationalize. Or we could invade the castle and start killing things and hope we get lucky.

Heck, I was almost hoping that one of those reckless, bold Inquisitor types would just stick the non-proverbial fork in our host because if a paladin tries to kill someone for no good reason it's less iffy than if Janis does. The fun thing about Janis is that she could make giving charity to orphans sound dangerous and bad for orphans, but I've been trying hard to not make that an issue that commits everyone to combat.

stonegod

James Heard said:
Me? I would love for the party to go right back to the village and let Janis make some scrolls of Reincarnation, no matter what Janis-me can rationalize. Or we could invade the castle and start killing things and hope we get lucky.
Gotta find some diamond dust, don't forget.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads