stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft [Closed]

ethandrew

First Post
Landreth sounds like he could be some fun to role-play. I haven't looked over your IC thread, nor know anything about the module, but I did read Endur's here until they stopped playing a few months back. So I know what's happened to that point.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
ethandrew said:
Landreth sounds like he could be some fun to role-play. I haven't looked over your IC thread, nor know anything about the module, but I did read Endur's here until they stopped playing a few months back. So I know what's happened to that point.
There are, however, significant differences in the direction Endur and I have gone (notably, a dinner party did not occur, etc, etc.) so you would need to look over the IC to keep them straight.

But, more importantly for now: How would you make Landreth your own? He already has a few quirks (quiet, mikly left eye). Why does he have them? Like to get a feel for you adaptation of the character.

Thanks for the interest!

LogicsFate

First Post
I would be interested in taking up the reigns of Sir Khensu Feral, I've looked over his sheet, and quite a bit of his IC posts.

He was played well, very tactics oriented it seemed. Didn't shift. Untrusting of his heritage.
Sir Feral was played much as I had pictured a shifter paladin in my head.

I would have taken him on a different leveling path, but C'est la vie.

I'll read over the rest of the IC when I get the chance

I would have expressed interested earlier but my posting history is not without it's blemishes.
Below are the games I've been in, many died because Gm's or players left or they never got off the ground or I left them sometime during the crash of '06 due to RL troubles.

Also, keep in mind some of these games are from before I knew what a spell checker did. ;)

My Characters and non LEW games

My 3 longest games so far-
[sblock]OBOESRD
Helping Hands
Festival of Halina
Festival of Halina part II
[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
stonegod said:
There are, however, significant differences in the direction Endur and I have gone (notably, a dinner party did not occur, etc, etc.) so you would need to look over the IC to keep them straight.

But, more importantly for now: How would you make Landreth your own? He already has a few quirks (quiet, mikly left eye). Why does he have them? Like to get a feel for you adaptation of the character.

Thanks for the interest!

I would definitely need to read the IC before I'd be comfortable jumping into the middle of a campaign, but just from a basic cursory approach I would assume Landreth had some deep seeded insecurities which would directly contribute to his quiet nature and overcompensation of becoming a warrior, such as a speech impediment coupled with a lifetime of partial blindness.

That was a long sentence. Suffice it to say, I would ideally like to take a two-dimentional Landreth with a couple distinguishing features, and give him a three-dimensional depth who is very sympathetic and (as I somewhat envision him) quite tragic. I love the complexity half-orcs have to offer and look to utilize this strength.

stonegod

I'll folks at least until tomorrow to request characters and flesh out their approach before closing this up. Thanks for the interest!

Dracomeander

First Post
Maraat

After looking over Maraat thoroughly and reading through most of the IC thread, I really like the character.

There are a few things that I would like to tweak.

1) The character does not have enough ranks of spellcraft to have taken the Obtain Familiar feat.

That needs to be corrected as I like the hook of having the familiar. I see it as more of a spirit guide to help him reconcile the source of his powers with using them for good. More reason for why he entered the Enlightened Spirit PrC.

2) Maraat's background and the way he was played suggests that the two first level feats should have been Touch of Captivation and Negotiator. The story of Maraat as presented suggests inadvertent charming and bonuses to diplomacy not the using of bluffing and intimidation.

That's just my thoughts of what I would look at tweaking to personalize the character. He would probably be more vocal with me as well.

You've got a great game going. Now that I've started, I'll keep reading even if you don't choose me.

stonegod

This is always my least favorite part of these things, but after looking over concepts and such, I've made my decisions:
- s@squ@tch Marot the Deadly
- ethandrew Landreth Dorkunan
Please check in over in the OOC and we'll get the ball rolling.

For the rest of y'all: Thanks again for your interest, and good luck around the boards!

ethandrew

First Post
Awesome! I'm excited about this, always nervous to just into the middle of a campaign, but I like what I've seen so far, really nice character interaction.

How soon are you looking at getting these two characters integrated into the mix? I'm not too far into the IC thread yet, only a few pages down. Hopefully I should have most of it read this weekend. Do you have a Character sheet for Landreth? If not, what parameters do you want me to use?

S@S, if you haven't picked up Complete Mage, I recommend you do. It's probably my favorite complete book.

stonegod

ethandrew said:
Awesome! I'm excited about this, always nervous to just into the middle of a campaign, but I like what I've seen so far, really nice character interaction.

How soon are you looking at getting these two characters integrated into the mix? I'm not too far into the IC thread yet, only a few pages down. Hopefully I should have most of it read this weekend. Do you have a Character sheet for Landreth? If not, what parameters do you want me to use?

S@S, if you haven't picked up Complete Mage, I recommend you do. It's probably my favorite complete book.
I flushed most of this out over at the OOC thread. Basically, I'd like it before the group leaves town for whatever they do next. Probably won't be until early next week.

Remove ads