• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Right. If we took a tour before, we probably tied a rope to the bed and down the hole.

"We can't wake him up? Should we at least try? I don't think these guys will take 'no' for an answer." says Aremus, "If they work for Stratovan, they could have been involved in the attack on Nightstone."

Aremus frowns. It is not in his nature to suggest attacking someone, but...

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Sorry, the email notifications for this board are incredibly fickle. It hadn't reported a single post since my last one. I'm posting maps below so everyone can give me a starting location. In regards to reaching the second floor, does anyone have rope? If you have a little over 100 feet then we can say that the rope was tied to Zephyros' bed earlier in the journey.
OOC: I find that the notices I am getting for this thread (and only this one) do not work, and I constantly need to work my way through to this page. Are others finding that? In any case, we're with you. Tranio has 50' of hemp rope in his explorer's pack.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I don't use notifications. I have settings page bookmarked and usually open on the mobile phone. Thus, I swipe to refresh and voila! New posts. I get Mail notifications for quotes, mentions and Xp.
[MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], Ordrar can call his weapon from wherever. Does he know if that works with extradimensional Spaces? Also, does he know what the bag is? [roll0]

EDIT: let's not wait for clarification, we can always change things later :)

Ordrar takes "the magic bag" and looks at it suspiciously.
"Like I would just toss magical hammer of my ancestors down some unknown bag." grumbles the dwarf as he takes a piece of string and tosses it toward the mouth of the bag.

Raising his voice, he adresses the riders
"I'm not sure how your master and towers master are related, but we're currently guests of the giant. What's more, I don't really care for it. As I said, you're free to rest your birds here for a spell, but that is all. We're not subjects to either The Count, The King or The Wizard of giants."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Cloud Castle
Morning
Round 0

Dren listened in silence to the strangers. Something about them he didn’t trust. He kept his bow ready, though not aimed at them. When they said they worked for Stratovan, he knew they were no good.

“Aye, rest an’ move on,” Dren agreed with Ordrar. “Seems the master o’ this tower is a wee bit indisposed at the moment. We’ll tell ‘im yeh stopped by.” He stared at the man on his bird. “Ye seem familiar,” Dren lied. “Didnae I see ye a few days ago? At Nightstone?” His fingers tensed slightly on the bowstring, ready.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 33/33 HD: 4/4d8
Ki: 4/4/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

OOC: I looked into some other threads on the topic and it appears call weapon doesn't work between dimension. A lot of what was being cited was older editions, so let me know if there is newer info I am missing somewhere.

Ordrar: You open the bag and there is a gentle gush of air. The string falls in and nothing seems to happen. You did see a bag with the identical design years ago at your tavern. A particularly intoxicated wizard was struggling to find his money and decided the empty the contents of the bag. In the process your bar counter was covered with 500 pounds of assorted trinkets.

Dren: The rider shakes his head. " Never heard of Nightstone. We concern ourselves with the sky and not every little pissant town along the coast." He studies the party for a moment. " You're both quite brave for dwarfs. I imagine one of our birds could eat you both. Brave or stupid."

OOC: Someone outside give me a persuasion or intimidation roll. Are the party members inside trying to wake Zephyros?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus climbs up the rope to Zephyros's room and tries calling him, then shaking him, then jumping up-and-down on him. (Without trying to hurt him, of course.)

OOC: I assume it doesn't work.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
He dropped the bag and looked up, dangerous half-smile starting.
"That overgrown plucked chicken!? And what army!!? Hah! And that town, pissant or otherwise has been *my* pissant town for longer than you're alive, little duckling. Now, you overstayed your welcome. Run along now or you just might see what uncle Ordrars belt may be used on!"

Thunderous frown starts at the top of Ordrars forehead, voice starting low and as the brow lowered, voice raised. At the point they collided he made quick two-step forward, making shooing motion
"HA! ISH! SHOO!" he bellowed trying to frighten off the birds.

[roll0]

OOC: Aid please! We get over 20 !

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: @Neurotic -- are you regretting making Charisma a dump stat? ;)
Tranio has Guidance, and is happy to have helped if we can apply it retroactively.

Remove ads