• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Cloud Castle
Morning
Round 0

Dren huffed as the vulture riders flew off. “Bunch o’ chicken ‘awks,” he said. He turned to give Ordrar the traditional dwarven sign of congratulations, a fist bump, and looked at the bag. “Empty it oot. See wot’s inside, mebbe.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 33/33 HD: 4/4d8
Ki: 4/4/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wary of swarms or poisonous critters. Slowly advancing and when we're all here, I'll upend it. For now, I'm just trying to get a sense of what it does. I don't like the teeth on the thing."

OOC: Sorry, I got interrupted in the middle of the post

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 4

With the excitement over, Fistan returns to studying the giants spell books. "Let Rillix know if I am needed."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 26/26 (HD: 4/4d6)
Arcane Ward: 12/12 THP currently not active

Offense
Spell attack: +6 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +1 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, mage hand
LEVEL 1: (3/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C) *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) *Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)[/SBLOCK]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus comes back outside and says "They seemed terribly cowardly. To think, they gave you a magical bag and didn't even achieve what they came for."

He shrugs. Cultists.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Aremus comes back outside and says "They seemed terribly cowardly. To think, they gave you a magical bag and didn't even achieve what they came for."
He shrugs. Cultists.

"Maybe they did? The bag may contain poison for the giant. Spying device. It can be divination focus for easier tracking...plenty of stuff that would make taking this dangerous." Ordrar seems a bit paranoid. But then again, this came from highly suspect source, so maybe it's worth investigating.

Short time later (after he finished the analysis / short rest):
"Team! I'm ready to open the bag! Come down and prepare for trouble?"
[MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], what are the properties of the bag? When the wizard awakens, I'll ask for identify.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio watches the proceedings dubiously. He does not share Ordrar's suspicions, but is nearby in case help is needed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus buys into the theory that the bag is dangerous. He's incredibly wary, and ready for it to be anything from a bomb, to an army of giants hiding inside the bag.

Ordrar cautiously turns over the bag, but nothing pours out except for the piece of string that was placed in before. Everything is normal - at first.

Without warning, the dwarf is launched back thirty feet. The landing would have been painful if not for the soft cloudstuff all around. It becomes evident to everyone present that there was something in the bag, but it can not be seen so easily.

Initiative:

Dren
Tranio
Caroline
Aremus
Bethany
Ordrar
Fistan
Invisible Creature

OOC: Until the creature can be viewed, normal attacks are rolled at a disadvantage.

Remove ads