• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[StormFront]

Vire

First Post
Upon walking up Kaze simply nods his head in acknowledge meant to Tutta and continues right by to the crates being unloaded on to the dock. Being as nonchalant about it as possible Kaze leans down to the crates and begins looking through them while muttering a couple words silently to see if the items he is looking for are here.

Trying to concentrate on the spell Kaze blocks out the men talking behind him on the dock.

Bulsarra

First Post
Kaze

The chest is opened and one of the men spreads a heavy tarp onto the dock while the other begins pulling out wands, staves, swords and rods and displaying them.

You angle yourself on the other side of the crate and magic radiates out of it in waves. The other crates are pulsating with magic as well.

You see a small cloth sack, nestled in with the other items that looks like it could hold coins...or a small rune carved disc.

There's just enough time to snatch it and secret it away before man returns to the crate to off load more of the items.

Last edited:

Bulsarra

First Post
Ranstaar - Applies to All Players

DM Note: Doug, though the 3.0 rules stated that you could have the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you still had to have a BAB (Base Attack Bonus) of +9 which meant that you would have to be 9th level or higher to gain that feat unless you had some other modifier to boost it.

Now that the 3.5 rules are out it's been changed somewhat. I won't go into here but you still can't have that feat until at least 2nd level.

Since I have enough problems with postings, I'm going ahead with your attack but will give you the option to change tactics if you so chose. We'll make adjustments as necessary.

On a general note, this is how I interpreted the rules. If you or anyone can show that this is incorrect, don't hesitate to fill me in. I am going to use 3.5 rules for the most part though, so try and put any corrections to my rulings in the context of the new rule set. I'll try and make the transition to 3.5 as painless as possible; I didn't think we'd run into a conflict quite so quickly.

Bulsarra

First Post
Ranstaar

You charge the closest uninjured guard, taking a swing at him as you do so. You blade connects, leaving a sizable gash in his midsection but he doesn't drop.

Mirth

Explorer
Bulsarra said:
Ranstaar - Applies to All Players

DM Note: Doug, though the 3.0 rules stated that you could have the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you still had to have a BAB (Base Attack Bonus) of +9 which meant that you would have to be 9th level or higher to gain that feat unless you had some other modifier to boost it.

Now that the 3.5 rules are out it's been changed somewhat. I won't go into here but you still can't have that feat until at least 2nd level.

Since I have enough problems with postings, I'm going ahead with your attack but will give you the option to change tactics if you so chose. We'll make adjustments as necessary.

On a general note, this is how I interpreted the rules. If you or anyone can show that this is incorrect, don't hesitate to fill me in. I am going to use 3.5 rules for the most part though, so try and put any corrections to my rulings in the context of the new rule set. I'll try and make the transition to 3.5 as painless as possible; I didn't think we'd run into a conflict quite so quickly.

OOC: Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting are virtual feats that all 3.0 Rangers get at first level as long as they are in light or no armor. This is under the Weapon and Armor Proficiency section on the first column of p45 PHB. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting is a different feat that the 3.0 Ranger could earn later. In 3.5, I think they removed the Ambidexterity feat, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, in 3.0 Ranstaar's attack could go off as is.

Bulsarra

First Post
Xyffor

Zaka and the others markedly ignore your orders, folding their arms and looking smug. They begin to advance on you as Merghas begins speaking.

"I'm terribly sorry," he says, though his tone doesn't indicate that he is, "but such a transaction as this requires quite some time to negotiate and our partner in this business isn't going to feel secure unless he has some...collateral."

Tutta, who had been watching Merghas's wizard inspect the crates, turns back to you. As he does so, you see the wizard pocket something (it looks like a small pouch) from the crate.

"Are you saying that your man is unwilling to be a hostage?" Tutta asks. "Or is this some pawn that you can dispose of without a thought? Because, Merghas, I've never found these arrangements satisfactory."

"I assure you," Merghas replies smoothly, "that he is not only completely loyal but an intregal part of our operation. Just ask him and he'll tell you so."

But before you can answer your attention is distracted by movement in the alley between the warehouses that line up along the docks. Whatever is happening, it's to far away for you to tell exactly what's going on, but you sense that there's violence occuring and you think there might be someone set up on top of one of the warehouse's roof, readying an arrow.

Remove ads