• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[StormFront]

Idsquare

First Post
Oops

/ooc Sorry, I didn't get a notice that new posts had been made. I was waiting for a notice of addition to thread.

Being distracted by the movement in the alley, Xyffor asks excitedly:

"What's that?"

Xyffor ignores Zaka and Tutta and begins to head towards the noise. He pulls out his long blade and prepares for danger.

Bulsarra

First Post
Xyffor

Idsquare said:
/ooc Sorry, I didn't get a notice that new posts had been made. I was waiting for a notice of addition to thread.

Being distracted by the movement in the alley, Xyffor asks excitedly:

"What's that?"

Xyffor ignores Zaka and Tutta and begins to head towards the noise. He pulls out his long blade and prepares for danger.

You begin walking swiftly toward one of the alleyways that snake behind the warehouses along the dock. The commotion is occuring a few hundred feet away so it will take you a short time to reach that area.

You distinctly hear the ringing sound of swords and the twang of a bowstring followed by a short grunt of pain.

Behind you Tutta and Merghas are speaking over each other, their tone is becoming increasingly hostile.

Bulsarra

First Post
Ranstaar/Keldryn

dougbass68 said:
ranstaar attacks the closest guard [again?] with his two short swords.

Ranstaar

The closest guard is the one you'd just attacked. You swing and connect again, and this time you catch an artery in the guard's neck and he drops to the ground, close to death.

The second guard turns on you and charges with his sword. He's too far away to hit but he's coming at you...fast.

Keldryn

You get another arrow off at the same guard you shot previously and hit again but he's aware of you now and tried to dive out of the way. The arrow sinks into his leg.

The guard doesn't attempt to get up but instead reaches into a pocket and produces a small cylinder that he brings to his mouth. Moments later a piercing whistle nearly overwhelms your hearing. You are familiar with this sound: it's a distress call for the city watch and it not only summons additional watchmen, it calls the Vigils as well.

Bulsarra

First Post
Kahjin

mirthcard said:
With a grimace, Kajhin looks back at his odd friend, [sign]"I suppose we wait for now... Let's try to think of a battle plan though."[/sign] He turns his attention back to the unfolding scene, while his mind contemplates possible takedown scenarios that don't end in his death.

Kahjin

You anxiously watch events unfold, your training causing your muscles to tense in anticipation and desire for action. You can watch but can't hear what's going down on the dock. Fortunately, Liad narrates what he can by reading lips.

"It seems as though Merghas has hired a couple of wizards from a guild to appraise the merchandise. But..." he pauses as Merghas speaks to one of the wizards. "I can't be sure but I believe there's something smuggled in with whatever's in those crates."

You both watch for another few minutes and then Liad nods. You caught it as well. As the armored warrior, presumably a paladin judging from the sigil of Heironious hanging from his neck, begins talking and gesturing to Merghas and his henchmen, the wizards reaches into the crate and quickly withdraws something that he stashes in his robes.

Suddenly, the smile drops from the paladin's face as he listens to an exchange between Tutta and Merghas. Now Liad is the one smiling.

"Our paladin just realized that he's no one's trusted friend and ally, least of all Merghas's. He's been brought as a hostage to Tutta, as insurance against payment for what Tutta's brought."

You can see clearly that a look of distress and indecision is wracking the holy warrior's face. Nearly as distressing is what's being unpacked from the crates: rods, staves, armor, swords, a veritable armory is being displayed on a cloth laid out upon the docks.

"I think it's time for us to intervene," Liad says.

The paladin, waving off Merghas with a disgusted flip of his arm, draws his sword and begins stalking up the docks toward the alleys behind the warehouse that line the waterfront. With your attention refocused, you hear the faint sounds of melee, followed suddenly by a piercing whistle.

You know the sound. Watchmen in urgent need of reinforcements.

raist2099

Explorer
<sorry that I haven't responded...but, in any event, if I understand this right, the guard just blew his whistle...if so, I am hauling kiester out of here the best way I know to avoid the onslaught of guards, etc.>

Mirth

Explorer
Bulsarra said:
Kahjin

With your attention refocused, you hear the faint sounds of melee, followed suddenly by a piercing whistle.

You know the sound. Watchmen in urgent need of reinforcements.

Glad that circumstances have finally forced him into action, Kajhin turns with Liad and rides in the direction of the whistle.

Last edited:

Bulsarra

First Post
Keldryn

vann_d said:
<sorry that I haven't responded...but, in any event, if I understand this right, the guard just blew his whistle...if so, I am hauling kiester out of here the best way I know to avoid the onslaught of guards, etc.>

You shoulder your bow and, seeing that the elf in the alley below seems able to handle himself, you run to other end of the warehouse roof.

From your vantage point you can see the main road, the only road, leading through the valley in the cliff wall, and the incoming row of mounted Vigils and watchmen. You are effectively penned in, with the horsemen approaching from the city and the bay at your back. You can go left or right onto the docks though they eventually run out into coves, or you could possibly go down into the sewers.

Bulsarra

First Post
Kajhin

mirthcard said:
Glad that circumstances have finally forced him into action, Kajhin turns with Liad and sprints in the direction of the whistle. As the Vigil runs, the fingernails on both his hands elongate into sharp, razor-like blades...

OOC: Manifesting the 0-level Talent, Talons.

OOC: You're on horseback.

You kick your mount and gallop toward the docks, jerking the reigns to pull the horse into the alleyway. You have room to ride but not to do much else meaning that you'll have to dismount to fight effectively.

As you clear the entrance to the alley you see an elf with swords drawn and bloodied, facing down three city guards, one of whom is dead in a puddle of blood, the other is prone on the ground breathing into a whistle and the third is charging the elf.

Bulsarra

First Post
Xyffor

Xyffor Continued

Bulsarra said:
You begin walking swiftly toward one of the alleyways that snake behind the warehouses along the dock. The commotion is occuring a few hundred feet away so it will take you a short time to reach that area.

You distinctly hear the ringing sound of swords and the twang of a bowstring followed by a short grunt of pain.

Behind you Tutta and Merghas are speaking over each other, their tone is becoming increasingly hostile.

You hear the sound of hooves from the other end of the alleyway you just entered, and think you might hear more horses approaching. Looking to the opposite end of the alley you see first a fallen warrior blowing his alarm whistle, another lying dead in a pool of blood and a third charging a harried looking elf holding two bloody swords. Then, at the other end of the alley a horseman appears, his uniform marking him as someone of authority but to what you're not sure.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Bulsarra said:
OOC: You're on horseback.

You kick your mount and gallop toward the docks, jerking the reigns to pull the horse into the alleyway. You have room to ride but not to do much else meaning that you'll have to dismount to fight effectively.

As you clear the entrance to the alley you see an elf with swords drawn and bloodied, facing down three city guards, one of whom is dead in a puddle of blood, the other is prone on the ground breathing into a whistle and the third is charging the elf.

OOC: Fixed my post above to reflect my being on horseback. Doh!
:rolleyes:

After blowing into his own whistle, Kajhin shouts to the elf and charging guardsman, "Stand down, both of you, on order of the Vigils!" The monk tries to ride in between the two, hoping that Liad will see to the already wounded guards.

Remove ads