Storms of Change, Part 2

Thels

First Post
Zanock is startled as they enter the human town. So many people! All those buildings! All that prosperiety, and yet, those sad faces. Oh, well. It's humans. What would one expect?

Annoyed, he cautiously walks around a little, hoping to see something intending the Slashing Sword. Quickly growing tired of dodging around humans that walk the street, he turns to Manzanita, addressing her in Orc: "Hey, elf woman! How does one find the Slashing Sword in a human mess like this?"

silentspace

First Post
GPEKO said:
Before exploring Carodan, Filbert has a few things he wants to do. He approaches the carriage and waits for Glendrake to get out (in the same way he did for the detect evil but he's not trying to hide this time). As the merchant gets out, Filbert salutes him in the most polite way he knows. "Greeting master Glendrake. I, Filbert Wateryfoot, would like to have a word with you if I may." If he's allow to talk, he'll say this: "It's about one of your employees, the driver Mirena. It came to my attention that she is punished for not knowing her place. She knows now her mistake. She recognize that your business has to remain secret. Also, she suffers greatly in isolation and I think she did learned her lesson. So may I suggest that you lift her punishment and ease the poor girl's lonelyness."

Afterward, Filbert thanks Darien for this opportunity to get to Carodan. "I wish you luck on your travel, guard master. May Fharlanghn watches over you and those you protect ... Oh, and Darien, try to relax a bit sometimes, not all of the world's hobgoblins are after you." He winks at human and leaves the caravan, heading for the Slashing sword.

OOC: Can I leave Braveheart in the caravanserai for 5 sp/day ? Or is it just for horses ? Surely Bert and Rowyn are not the only ones travelling on dog's back ?

Glendrake listens to Bert’s words. He doesn’t look like he particularly agrees or disagrees. He says he’ll take it under advisement. Bert gets the feeling that he probably won’t. Mostly, he looks displeased to be accosted by one of the hired help [very low bluff, very high sense motive]

Darien shushes Bert, saying “Not so loud!”, peering to see if Glendrake heard. Then he clasps Bert’s arm warmly, saying in low tones. “No, not all the world’s hobgoblins, just all of them in Shillen!”

[You can leave Braveheart at the stables or bring him to the inn.]

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Rowyn, with Sabala by her side, starts to wander through Carodan. It’s quite easy to navigate, and she soon finds the locations of all the major structures. As a garrison town, she sees several large barracks, but not many private homes. She does see two largish houses, probably belonging to Lord Ricsten and the merchant Linnord. Most of the shops are small and clustered about the marketplace. Rowyn also sees a lot of what look like abandoned buildings. She figures these could be warehouses. In more peaceful times, they could have been used for trade goods, but look empty now.

Soon she finds the small temples of Fharlanghn and Ehlonna right next to each other. The temple of Fharlanghn is a modest stone affair, but very clean and well cared-for. Going inside the engraved oak doors, Rowyn is greeted by a very young-looking human male, tall and broad-shouldered. Smiling, he says “Greetings, traveler! I am Lewellyn, Fharlanghn’s servant in Carodan.”

silentspace

First Post
The Slashing Sword is the largest tavern and inn in Carodan. It’s still early, so there aren’t that many people about. The fat human male barkeep looks at you expectantly.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

"Zanock, why don't you stick close to us. With this town girded for war as it seems to be, you might not be safe wandering about by yourself. Or, rather, anyone who accosts you rudely might not be safe. I'll vouch for you if we have any trouble. Try to be patient with all these humans. They can be trying."

"Dunathar, I have need of gold to copy these new spells of the bandit's into my spellbook. I need something like 100 gps. I realize you probably don't have that kind of cash handy, but if you know how we might get it, I would love some help. Where are you going now? I am to meet my next employer at the Slashing sword. Perhaps you could find employment with him or her, as well."

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon accepts the four gold pieces with a nod. Not sure where things will lead next, he stables his horse with caravanserai and heads for the Slashing Sword Inn. There, he hopes to get a bed in one of the shared rooms and pick up on any work he might find. This looks to be a busy town and he's sure something will come up.

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn smiles and says, "I'm Rowyn Elwick Doublelock Daergal Scheppen III. My companions call me Rowyn." She turns and looks at Sabala. "May my riding dog accompany me in the temple?"

Thels

First Post
Zanock grounts out a simple "Thanks.", as he takes position besides the grey elf, glad not to be on his own in this human chaos.

silentspace

First Post
Lewellyn smiles at Rowyn “Well, most folk stable their mounts or leave them outside before coming into the temple, but let's not worry about that today. Are you new in Carodan?”

Just then the doors open again and Bert (autopilot) arrives, accompanied by Etherial and Alan. “Hi Rowyn! I didn’t know you were coming here!”

Bert and Lewellyn exchange their greetings. When Lewellyn discovers Bert is also a cleric of Fharlanghn, he calls for his two acolytes, also young human males. They greet the Companions warmly. They immediately engage Bert in discussions about his travels. They pull Bert to the back, eager to add his notes to their travelogues.

Lewellyn remains behind with Rowyn. “So, what brings you all to our temple today?”

Remove ads