Storms of Change, Part 2

Seonaid

Explorer
"Actually, I'm a follower of Fharlanghn, believe it or not." Rowyn smiles mischieviously. "My family for the most part prefers to not believe." She continues, "We are new in town, and I wanted to stop by and make an offering for the safe journey and to take a moment to pray." She gestures to Sabala. "I didn't want to leave her on her own, and I thank you for allowing her to accompany me. She is well trained and will be no problem."

Verbatim

Explorer
Dunathar tries to hide his surprise at the amount of coin the wizardess needed to translate the texts from the book she had acquired.

"Couldn't ye just keep the book and save the coin for something more useful? It isn't likely the law around here will force you to give it back to him anytime soon."

Smiling at her offer to follow her to the pub to meet the sender of the letters that everyone seemed to have received, Dunathar nodded his head in agreement.

"Aye, that seems like a good idea to me. A cold ale and a full purse will be a fine start to the day."

Falling in behind the others, Dunathar will make his way to the inn with the group.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

"I believe the book is mine by right. He attacked us, & we defeated him. I don't believe he'll have any further use for it, and shouldn't anyway, his being a bandit. My profession is an expensive one to further. I'll have to hope my new employer pays well."

Thels

First Post
"New Employer? That why you're going to Slashing Sword? Did you get horse with letter too?" Zanock asks Manzanita expectingly.

silentspace

First Post
“Offerings from the devout are always welcome. What kind of offering would you like to make?” Lewellyn replies to Rowyn, pausing to pet Sabala on the head.

--

Manzanita, Zanock, Alyssa, Devan, Adromon and Aronai head over to the Slashing Sword. It’s a large tavern, with well-worn floors and tables. There still aren’t many people about, but there are a few early dwarven drunks at a center table, and a mixed group of gnomes and halflings playing darts. In the back next to the large hearth, unused in the summer, is a young half-orc nursing a big mug of grog and twirling a throwing knife in his hand. Several humans are busy carrying boxes into the kitchen, in preparation for the night. A hallway in the back leads to the common room, and stairs lead to the upstairs private rooms. There are plenty of large tables free, as well as a few booths. The bar is mostly free as well.

There's a board with jobs postings on it. There are plenty of recruitment posters for all kinds of laborers, especially stoneworkers and woodworkers. There are several rewards offered to clear out various monsters that have been sighted by the patrols but have managed to elude them. These include ogres, owlbears, and trolls. And there’s a reward of 100 gp offered for information helping to locate a black-haired human male known as the Shadow, who is wanted for questioning by The Silent Traders.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

"I am to meet an unnamed representative from the House Dharnan. Did some of you get this same message? I don't know how he or she plans to contact us, but I think it a good idea to get a room and leave our names so that we are easily found. Alyssa & I plan to share a room. I'll ask the innkeeper what he has available. Perhaps if there's time, we could take one of those jobs hunting foul beasts. It might give us some much needed cash."

Manzanita will approach the innkeeper or whomever. "Greetings. I am Manzanita Sparrow. My friends & I are in need of rooms. Have you any available this night?"

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon, human psychic warrior 1

Adromon orders a mug of ale and observes Manzanita and the others as they discuss their plan of action. After receiving his brew, he approaches her. "If you hear from this House Dharnan character, or if you plan on doing any hunting, count me in." He turns away and heads for a quiet corner of the common room. "I won't be far off."

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn smiles at the priest. "I was thinking a simple monetary contribution to the Church, but if there is something pressing needed . . ." She trails off expectantly.

Verbatim

Explorer
Settling down with the others, Dunathar orders a pint to help pass the time. Taking a long pull from the drink, he looks out into the crowd, searching for anyone who looks obviously out of place among the patrons.

Remove ads