• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change, Part 2

silentspace

First Post
-- Round 3 (cont) --

Filbert remains prone and spontaneously casts Cure Light Wounds on Dunathar.

Adromon advances down the corridor, glaive in hand, moving to attack the human opponent. Stopping at the desk, he reaches across it with his glaive, striking the human with a glancing blow [threat, not confirmed]

-- Round 4 --

Zanock regains consciousness.

The glowing flail swings at Zanock, who is still prone. The flail strikes Zanock square in the face, smashing the orc’s nose and sending blood spurting everywhere. Adromon sees Zanock’s head jerk to the side, and the orc lies still.

The human steps 5’ in towards Adromon, crying out a great battle cry “For the Glory of Hextor!” The morningstar seems to gain power and purpose as it crashes down, smiting Adromon across the head. Adromon is hit hard, and falls.

Initiative
Human 2: down
Human 1: injured
-- action paused --
Rowyn
Devan: 2/10 hp
Manzanita
Filbert: 6/10 hp, casting Cure Light Wounds on Dunathar
Zanock: down
Dunathar: down
Adromon: down

silentspace

First Post
Combat Map

The human has moved to the side, you can't really see him too well now.

Filbert moved to the side due to the 'can't occupy the same space' rule.

Rowyn is standing over Dunathar.

Attachments

• Office 4.jpg
    Office 4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 62

Hurricain

First Post
Devan moves up to into the room ( 11-b), he then blocks the battle out for a split second. His mind is clear as he pulls the string back from his bow. At that moment nothing matters, letting out a deep breath he releases the string and lets the arrow fly its path toward the mage.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita prepares her bow, holding an arrow in her left hand along with the bow. She'll shoot if she gets a good shot. If she can see the enemy but not have a good shot, she'll cast Daze.

OOC: My log-in frequency will be lower these next few months, so please NPC Manzanita if I'm slowing you down.

silentspace

First Post
-- Round 4 (cont) --

Rowyn loads her crossbow and moves forward, firing at the human. It's a very tough shot, and she misses. [Human has +7 cover]

Devan moves forward into the room, taking a spot across the desk opposite the human. His arrow digs deeply into the human's flesh, adding another wound. The human is very badly injured, but still standing.

Manzanita thinks about preparing her bow, but realizes she doesn't have a good shot. Moving forward to get within range, she casts Daze on the human. Devan, standing opposite the human, sees his eyes glaze over.

Filbert finishes casting his Cure Spell on Dunathar. Dunathar regains consciousness, but is extremely weak [Dunathar is disabled, performing any strenuous activity will cause him to take 1 point of damage, and begin bleeding again. Filbert may take his action for this round now. Dunathar too.]

Initiative
Human 2: down
Human 1: injured and dazed
Rowyn
Devan: 2/10 hp
Manzanita
-- action paused --
Filbert: 6/10 hp
Zanock: down
Dunathar: disabled
Adromon: down

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC:

I messed up with Filbert, making his spontaneous casting a full-round action instead of a standard action. (I flubbed with Manzanita earlier, making her full-round action of administering a potion a standard action...) Let me see if I can make this right.

Let's say Filbert finished casting cure on Dunathar as standard action last round, bringing Dunathar to 0 hp (disabled). Filbert has a move action left from last round (for example, stand up from prone..?), and he can take his turn now.

Dunathar was brought back to consciousness last round. Let's say to simplify things that he can take a non-strenuous turn last round (for example, digging out a potion of cure light and quaffing it), but he can not take a combat action. (I want to correct this with minimum impact on previous posts.) Then of course he gets his action this round.

Your opponents got some pretty good rolls in the beginning, but with Devan's steady stream of arrows, a hit from Adromon, and now Manzanita's Daze spell, things are looking pretty good for you.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
The sounds of hammers striking and the sweet melodies of dwarven chants began washing over Dunathar, and he knew that his time among his new companions must be over. Looking down, Dunathar could almost make out the stones of the Maker's walkway, and wondered if he would be found worthy to enter and live among his people.

~The gold I sought to gain is not here...nothing that I have found is here...is this what my father meant when he spoke of facing the Maker as you entered the world?~

Dunathar felt a jolt of pain rip through his entire being, and the sounds of the sacred hall began to fade leaving him alone once more.

~No!!! Do not condemn me to be one of the faithless Moradin, as all I have sought I swear I sought it in your honor. Even when my father turned his back to me in shame, I never wavered in my loyalty to him, or to you. Do not cast me out.~

Suddenly, Dunathar coughed, sending a geyser of red blood spraying across the phantom stones, and he began to feel a warmth washing through him, pulling him away from the entry way to Moradin's halls and back to a place he knew all to well.

Opening his eyes slowly, Dunathar looked into the worried and scared eyes of Filbert. The halfling's hands were shaking slightly, and he had a dark bruise forming quickly on the side of his head.

Looking down, Dunathar saw the Hextorite javelin still sticking out of his chest and knew that what he had to do was to come was going to hurt. Reaching down and grabbing it with both hands, Dunathar pulled quickly and fought the wave of pain and nausea that threatened to cripple him once more.

Reaching down into his boot, Dunathar grabbed the slender vial that held a potion of healing and pulled the wax stopper out with his teeth. Spitting it out as he brought the potion to his lips, Dunathar felt the effects almost immediately and as his strength returned to him, so did his anger.

Standing up and grabbing his morningstar, Dunathar looked down the hallway and saw the bodies of his companions on the ground. Pausing only for a moment to grab the javelin which nearly killed him, Dunathar ran towards the others, preparing to throw the javelin the second he could see the Hextorite bastards who were harming his friends.

~You have returned my life to me Moradin, by giving me men of honor to travel with. I will not let you down again...~

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Filbert smiles when he sees Dunathar returning to conciousness. And yet, he is deeply worried. That vile priest and his associate have seriously injured most of his compagnions. The man has three of Devan's arrows in his chest but still he fights on. It is surely his god that give him this unnatural energy.

There's not much hope ... I must flee ... NO ! I will not abandon them !

Filbert moves down the corridor with, in his hand, the small wand he got from the other priest of hextor.

I hope this is really what I think it is.

OOC: Don't tell us stuff like things are looking good for us, it cuts the tension ;)

Remove ads