• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storn's art for swipin'!

The_Universe

First Post
Storn said:
It's a TWAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!

Oh. This one was so much fun to do. This was commissioned by a loving wife for her husband's xmas gift this year. Full oils. His very, very first character, who happens to be star wars. After getting the description, this image leapt to mind immediately, dunno why, sometimes that just happens. Sometimes I have to find the image while I work it out on paper/canvas.

I'm not using names here, because I don't like to without permission. I do know that they have perused this thread. Which is why I couldn't post this until AFTER xmas!!!

Zorak72.jpg
It's my very own Admiral Jorenh Zorak; indeed, my very first RPG character. Totally awesome. He's even got a vibro-rapier.

I love it!

Thanks, Storn! And thanks to Liz for arranging the whole thing in secret!

Storn

Explorer
The_Universe said:
It's my very own Admiral Jorenh Zorak; indeed, my very first RPG character. Totally awesome. He's even got a vibro-rapier.

I love it!

Thanks, Storn! And thanks to Liz for arranging the whole thing in secret!

My pleasure. It was one of the most fun commissions I've done in quite some time!

My previous drow picture inspired two more. One is for a modern-mystical campaign. The other is more typical fantasy. Maybe y'all can tell which is which, cause I ain't tellin'. <g>

Drowwarrior72.jpg

Drowpunk72.jpg

The next guy is my own character, who I used to play in Red Dragon Universe (aka RDU) game. This is Crusader, originally Intercept, who took over the mantle of the original Crusader (an NPC). In published Champions Universe canon, Crusader is the capt. America analog. Bit more to the character than that... My concept started as can I do a power armor character who is interesting to me... and can I make a cape work as part of that skill set. (The cape glides, with very quiet air compressed jets for a very stealthy power armor).

Death Tribble so kindly comissioned me to do this, of my own character, for both me... and Neil, the main GM of RDU.

The RDU website is here: http://rdu.wikispaces.com/

And here is Crusader
Crusader72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Storn

Explorer
I've been very busy with my personal life (not even in my hometown at the mo') and sicker than a dog with the flu. But I have managed to get some artwork done in sporadic spurts.

First up is a "were"-agent. For a friend of Death Tribble's.

WereAgent72.jpg

And then a couple of superheroes.... one sorta Sandman like, one sorta like Silver Surfer in the notes from the patron.

DD72.jpg

Enerhon72.jpg

If you have commissioned something from me, and haven't seen it yet. Please email me at Storn.Cook@gmail.com. I've had a computer problems, that have influenced my mail situation...requiring me to have tons and tons of emails to sift through. My schedule is clearing up in March, for those interested in commissions themselves.

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

Storn

Explorer
Mortimer De Gaul said:
Storn your art rocks!

Why thank you!

Here are couple of more commissions. The first is based on someone real, Virginia Dare...although the campaign has supernatural powers and the like ala Solomon Kane... and speaking of which, not intentional, but the 2nd one reminds me a bit of Solomon Kane if the dude was 20s and well-adjusted.... which Howard's Kane is definitely not well-adjusted. <g>

Anyway, hope y'all get a kick.

WhiteDoe72.jpg

JackQuick72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Ashy said:
Very nice indeed!!! You should really add some of these to your website! :D

Yes I should. I hate updating my website. I used to have help doing that.

This commission was really something of a fun challenge. Here is a Forgotten Realms character, a cleric of Olidammara. The god of rogues, scoundrels, the Laughing Rogue God etc. The trick here was to walk the line between some kind of clerical order, an affiliation. And to still make the young man kind of roguish.

The chain, the magic rapier were asked for. But the patron also asked for napoleonic styled cartridge case for a sling... and that I think was the key. I sorta went 1/3 Napoleonic uniform, 1/3 3 musketeer uniform, and 1/3 typical rogue in shirt, bandana, goatee and pose-attitude.

I think it works pretty well.

Conall72.jpg

Remove ads