Number of Threads: 1

Type: Fantasy.
System: D&D 3.5e
Setting: Greyhawk

Started: Nov 2006
Average Installment Length: Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Daily or Weekly

Available for Download? No
Style: Somewhat 3rd person narrative prose, often breaking the forth wall, with winks to the underlying mechanics.

Overview: A small band of unlikely companions takes on Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics The Mysterious Tower

Ealli

First Post
Title: Child of Chaos -- The Continuing Adventure of Thundina Planeswalker
Author: Ealli

Type: Fantasy
System: D&D 3.5
Setting: Eberron + Sigil

Started: May 25, 2007
Length: Medium to long
Frequency: Weekly

Style: Third person, with references to the underlying game play

Overview: Thundina Seong, first seen in The New Adventures of Thundina Seong! is back for another adventure. She has broken her contacts with the Lightbringers to sign on for a scouting mission to deal with a problem of drow. The mission takes her party through a transplane portal to the great city of Sigil. Now standing between Thundina and home is the demon queen Lolth. And to acquire fortune, fame, and glory.

aboyd

Explorer
Title: Better Off Unknown
Author: aboyd

Setting: Greyhawk

Started: 9 Jun 2007
Average Installment Length: Short
Average Frequency of Installments: 2x/month

Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: Fantasy adventure material, some piracy, some overland battles. The protagonists aren't the nicest do-gooders in the world, so quests that assume they care about people make for fun misadventures. May answer the question, what happens when the famous lighthouse in the Freeport trilogy is not defeated?

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Title: The Adventures of the Knights of the Silver Quill and The Adventures of the Knights of Spellforge Keep
Author: Dr Midnight
Number of Threads: 9

System: D&D
Setting: Greyhawk (loosely based)

Started: 2001 sometime
Average Installment Length: between 1,000 and 2,000 words, averaging three installments per session. The final session is over 17,454 words long.
Average Frequency of Installments: -
Available for Download? The story's available to buy as a novel and to download for free from here: http://www.lulu.com/content/586907 and http://www.lulu.com/content/588165
Style: 3rd person narrative prose, owing a great deal to Alan Moore, George R. R. Martin and Joss Whedon.

Overview: Vol 1: In Greyhawk, an age of peace is drawing to a close. Beasts, madmen, and demons conspire to enslave nations and end free will. The realm’s hopes lie in a the hands of a group of adventurers. The deeds they accomplish and the secrets they uncover will forever change their entire world... and not always for the best.

Vol 2: The Knights of the Silver Quill have saved the realm of Greyhawk. It's a time of peace and plenty until a fortune teller sends the Knights on a quest that ends very, very badly. Only with time and a new generation can the new Knights rise and pick up where the others left off, and just in time... a war among Titans on Oerth is brewing.

Reader Comment:
Celtavian said:
Awsome ending Doc. Truly one of the best story hours on this board, probably in the top 3 IMO, and it was my favorite. You really grew as a writer as you went on. What a great job of blending the absurdities of D&D into a tale with excellent character and story development.
Special: Threads I-III on the old ENboards are lost to the mists of time. To read those parts of the story see the download links, above.
Thread IV (on ENboards with reader commentary) can be read here.
Thread V (on ENboards with reader commentary) can be read here.
Thread VI (on ENboards with reader commentary) can be read here.
Thread VII (on ENboards with reader commentary) can be read here.
Thread VIII (on ENboards with reader commentary) can be read here.
Thread IX (on ENboards with reader commentary) can be read here.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Title: World of Kulan Story Hour
Author: Knightfall1972
Number of Threads: 2

System: 2nd Edition D&D (main thread); secondary thread is not based on a game, but is based on the same characters.
Setting: World of Kulan (homebrewed)

Started: 29 July 2002
Average Installment Length: Varies, most often short to medium.
Average Frequency of Installments: Quarterly (or longer); use to be more often.

Style: Narrative prose, based on campaign journal. Story is highly interpretive, and doesn't always conform to what actually occured in the game, as the campaign journal had limited details.

Overview: This thread details my 2e campaign in my homebrew campaign setting, World of Kulan. This story hour started out mainly from one character's point of view, but the story hour is beginning to evolve more into a full-blown narrative.

"Wizards, rangers, bards, and rogues. Elves, dwarves, halflings, and ogres. Wilderness adventures across the continent of Harqual and beyond. Friends and family in a fantasy world, trying to survive and deal with the machinations of Evil, both known & unknown. Revenge and the loss of loved ones."

Reader Comment: "I've only just begun to read this one, but I like it so far! I'll try to comment again once I'm more caught up in the story..." - the Jester

Special: The World of Kulan Thread

Secondary thread... Kulan: Many Beginnings, One Fate

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Title: The BlackHammer "Millennial" CyberPunk Campaign
Author: M Jason Parent / HellHound / El Fvcktardo
Number of Threads: 1 (and I can't imagine it ever being more)

Type: Sci-Fi (CyberPunk).
System: CyberPunk 2020 with house rules
Setting: CyberPunk 2020 / Heaven Over Mountain / Transhuman Space

Started: Jan 2007
Average Installment Length: Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Monthly (roughly)

Style: Narrative from GM's perspective

Overview: Players in a classic CyberPunk 2020 setting watch it in fast forward as we advance the timeline almost one year per game session. Starting in the Fourth Corporate War we see the end of the war, the creation of new orbital megacorps and the end of others, the creation of the Space Elevator, and mankind's first diaspora into the solar system.

Reader Comment: None. No one likes it.

Special:
The BlackHammer CyberPunk Project (my CyberPunk 2020 fansite) has many of the alternate rules we are using in this game.
The CyberWiki is a full Wiki dedicated to this game, including character sheets, timeline, NPCs, and so on.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Title: Barsoom Tales II: Romance, Revolution and BLOODY REVENGE!
Author: Barsoomcore

Type: Swashbuckling Political Games and Earth-Shattering Horror. And Accountants.
System: D&D 3.5e With Extra Crispy Wings
Setting: Barsoom

Started: July 2007
Status: In Progress: to complete mid-2008. Updates every Wednesday.

Overview: Our heroes, now mired in the ever-shifting weave of lies and deceit that make up Barsoomian history, try to find their way amongst a morass of insanity, desperation, and blood-curdling obsessions. There's love, death, and terror a-plenty. A sequel to the original Barsoom Tales Story Hour (although this one stands on its own; no advance knowledge required).

Reader Comment:
shilsen said:
If there ain't any stewardesses, there damn well better be some dinosaurs!

munchlord

First Post
Title: The vengeful shadow
Author: Munchlord
Number of Threads: 1#

Setting: Homebrew

Started: 22 July 2007
Average Installment Length: Short
Average Frequency of Installments: whenever homework permits me

Style: 3rd person narrative prose.

Overview: An elf who's been raised by his parents first, then the dark elves, escape from the dark elven society. With a burning desire to avenge his parents death on the whole Dark elven race, and a burning desire to save his parents souls from the devils they were given to, the hunt begins.

Last edited:

Title: War of the Burning Sky
Author: amethal

System: D&D 3.5e/Whatever
Setting: Eberron (Sarlonna, a long time ago)

Started: 19 July 2007
Average Installment Length: Slightly long
Average Frequency of Installments:Weekly (normally Wednesdays)

Available for Download? Not at the moment
Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with occasional winks to the underlying mechanics

Overview: The most unlikely adventuring party outside of a Shrek movie try and save the world during The War of the Burning Sky. Personally, my money is on Armageddon.

Reader Comment: "I am rather enjoying it" - RangerWickett

Last edited:

Yesminde

First Post
Title: Brave New World
Author: Yesminde

Setting: Forgotten Realms

Started: 24 August 2007

Average Installment Length: Verbose (7-12 pages usually)
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly

Style: Third person prose.

Overview: This is the log of my Psionics game, as re-written by the GM. The storyline also includes some RP story material written either by me or the other players.

Last edited:

Remove ads