• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storyhour Posting issues

I am having major issues posting on my Storyhours.

I can reply with no problems but if I try to copy and paste all I get is a "waiting on en world.org and finally a "Can't open this page" message.

The strangest thing is occationally I can post or post small pieces... like once a month.

Tried getting some help through Morrus. Umbran is limited in aid since I can't reply to him AND most of his questions are going over my head as I am largely computer illiterate.

Any other thoughts?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Tried getting some help through Morrus. Umbran is limited in aid since I can't reply to him AND most of his questions are going over my head as I am largely computer illiterate.

Yes, Umbran's the one dealing with this for you. No point us both doing it. There's no secret tech knowledge I have that he doesn't.

Why can't you reply to Umbran?

My best guess (given that we have no real information at all) is that you're copying and pasting from some application which is including craploads of rubbish with the text. The only advice we could offer is to not copy and paste from that application if it's doing that. Or maybe paste into Notepad first to remove all the formatting and gumph. Alternatively, maybe your posts are just too long - there's only so much a forum textbox can handle in one go. But I'll leave Umbran to handle it with you; we don't need an entire staff firing different things at you simultaneously.

Last edited:

Tried posting only 2-4 lines at a time. Mixed results. This is why my last John play Storyhour has an imcomplete segment posted.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's all a but like me saying "megamania, I can't make an omelette - any idea why?" -- you've nothing to go on. But it does sound like there's something screwy with your computer. I think you need someone on-site to look for you; do you not know anyone techie?

Remove ads