• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I will need eight full hours of rest to prepare my spells in the morning hours. As long as we stay here long enough, I can help with the first watch, though.”

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Maor looks at Turo, saying casually "I think it's best for someone that can see by starlight to take the first shift, where it is darkest before the moon rises." After a small pause, his gazes passes over the others and he continues. "I can see well in the dark - but not far. Perhaps it would be best if we two took the first shift?" his gaze returns back to Turo.

ooc: contrary to the common proverb, it's brightest before dawn, and darkest when the moon hasn't risen yet which is in the early part of the night. In my experience; I assume this holds in FR. Turo seems the only one with low-light vision and Maor the only one with darkvision, so it makes sense to put them in the darkest shift.

To the Yatils

Third Earthday, Coldeven 20/3/600

You wake up to the smell of boiled tomatoes and bacons.
The night was chill but the line of Firs and the Alcove like gap gave enough protection from the strong wind. the shifts passed peacefully despite the howling of wolves in the distance , calls of the night birds and some rodents spotted in the bushes.
Blessed Pelor raised the sun again.
Says Gorash and takes the pots for cleaning in the stream.
Eat well and fill your water skins, we have a journey to make up this waterfall, pass the woods of the northen Lorridges and enter to the Kingdom of the Yatils

Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
Turo nods appreciatively to Gorash as he feasts on the breakfast, readying himself for a long days travel. "Here's to not meeting another albino goblin!" he says, as they depart.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Once awake, Allyra resists the urge to try the delicious food and sits over her spellbook for a while, preparing for the day. A while later, she joins the rest for breakfast.

“This delicious smell is most distracting,” she says happily. “I hope you have left some for me.”

When the party is ready to get on the way, she summons a new horse for herself, this time using a magical rod to enhance the duration of the spell, and in a similar fashion she creates a protective force field around herself, to shield her like a suit of armor.

“I'm ready.”

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Maor happily wakes up, enticed by the alluring smells. He makes his way to the fire, and the food, and entertains the people by regaling amusing anecdotes about his former employer.

When all had had their meal, he's ready to carry on.

You make your way to the Falls, they are tremendous and a constant mist, water vapors and foam conceals the water in the bottom from sight, a deep chasm takes the water from the Falls of the mists to the Fals river.
Flocks of birds nests in the rocky cliffs around the falls, calling each other in this sunny morning.
A rocky path tread and rise up the falls, it is taking an hour to leads your horses safely up the slippery path. once on the top the river that feeds the falls continues and disappears in the woods.
We'll travel along the wide river, keeping the woods on our left and the water on the right, Stay alert, we are entering a wild forest realm, cursed forest creatures wandering on the loose.
Says Gorash and pierce into the woods, spotting a wild Elk somewhere, he spits on the ground three times, tap on his head and pulls his beard.

The morning turns to noon, and you stop to rest in a southern point of a big lake, the shore is rocky, cedar and fir trees cover all the slopes around the big lake. To the north The basalt snowy Yatils pierce the sky like fingers of gods.
We will arrive to the Yatil's entrance by eve.
Gorash says and points to a wide gorge in the north east, behind the lake.
We'll take the west side of the lake as I don't want to encounter any of the Lizard folk tribes that lives in the east shores.

Last edited:

Into The Yatils - The opening of the Gorge

You make your way between tall Fir and Cedar trees, Rocks and little streams that flow from the top of the peaky hills from the east.
wild flowers, moss, mushrooms and dead leaves cover the ground, the air is chill and a shallow breeze flows from the north, the other side of the lake is 2-2.5 Km to the east and the northern side is about 6-7 Km from the southern side. You can spot in the distance several huts.
Probably Lizard men.
Remarks Gorash
You arrive before sunset to the northen point, another Water fall, not as big and magnificent as the Falls of the mists, but a very tall one, the water falls a long distance before reaching to the lake, steep and slippery high cliff nests hawks and other water birds. A rope bridge with wooden planks hangs above the stream, Gorash examines the bridge.
Luckily, the Orcs from the Riverwalkers tribe maintain this bridge, it's safe.
A couple of miles from the bridge to the east you arrive to the start of the gorge Gorash spoke of.
Walking through this Gorge, we'll find ourselves on the road that pass from the Yatils to Ket. (C28 on the map – I uploaded the map to the RG – post #2 and removed it from the post in the IC thread)
There is a strong deep stream in the gorge in this time of the year and there is a over grown rocky path along the left bank.
Wait.
Call Gorash and points to a big basalt Rock which flanked by the strong deep stream
You see a woman sitting on the big rock, looking back at you, her beauty exceed mere words, with long copper hair, perfect skin, large eyes and long sweptback ears, she smiles at you. From both sides of the woman you spot two little green creatures, they looks something like a small elf with green skin, webbed fingers, pointed ears and wide silver eyes.
Mother of all Rocks, I can't see.
Gorash calls, falls from his horse, sobbing.

[sblock=Keldar, Atesh, Allyra] Everything turns to black as you look upon the woman.[/sblock]
[sblock=Turo, Maor, Garon] The woman keeps looking and smiles [/sblock]

[sblock=Fortitude Results]
Gorash – 15 (Failed), Blinded.
Keldar – 13 (Failed), Blinded.
Turo – 24 (Success).
Atesh – 9 (Failed), Blinded.
Allyra – 6 (Failed), Blinded.
Maor – 20 (Success)
Garon – 28 (Success)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads