• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!

Rhun

First Post
Sorry...I am still having problems with notifications for this particular thread...not sure what is up with that.

Turo nods at Dara. "Yes, he understands, but he wants to be paid for his aid." Then the gnome turns his attention back to the giant.

[sblock=In Giantish]
"We may be able to come to some arrangement for payment. We have many valuables, and can perhaps help you as well. Tell us how to escape this place, and we shall certainly reward you for your aid."
[/sblock]

Sorry...I am still having problems with notifications for this particular thread...not sure what is up with that.
Turo nods at Dara. "Yes, he understands, but he wants to be paid for his aid." Then the gnome turns his attention back to the giant.

[sblock=In Giantish]
"We may be able to come to some arrangement for payment. We have many valuables, and can perhaps help you as well. Tell us how to escape this place, and we shall certainly reward you for your aid."
[/sblock]

[sblock=giant]
You are testing my intelligent little one. I can crush you with my thumb.
Show me what you have and I'll tell you where the smart lion sits, perhaps he knows the answer, I'm trapped like you are.

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Turo reaches into his pouch and pulls out a handful of gold coins, holding them up for the giant to see.

[sblock=Giantish]
"You should not threaten one that means you no harm, mighty one. If we find escape from this place, we would gratefully share that information with you. I offer gold for what you know; twenty gold coins is a fair deal, do you not agree?
[/sblock]

Giant

[sblock=giant]
"You insult my wisdom little bug. What shall I do with your money, buy me some rocks? I have plenty..." [/sblock]
The giant laugh viciously as he amuses himself
[sblock=giant]
"The southern passage is too narrow for me, and I saw a big cave cricket jogging the area couple of weeks ago. Bring me this cricket and I shall feast upon him. Then you'll receive some answers. Hmmm. And throw the coins on the table, I'll take them too." [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=Giantish]
"You have a deal, mighty one!"
[/sblock]

Turo grunts and grumbles in giantish, and then tosses the handful of gold coins on to the giant's table. Turning to his companions, he speaks in the common tongue. "If we bring the giant a cave cricket from the southern passage to feast upon, he will share his information on how to escape this place."

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“He didn't seem to be interested in the gold for sure... then let's find him a meal... shouldn't be too hard.”

Killing Crickets !!!

You walk back past the morays gallery, silently past the long corridor of bats and the talking statue to the fungus cave, where the giant cave crickets feast. You take by surprise on of the crickets with a ranged attack. The other crickets seem to no react as one of them fall dead to the mighty adventurers.
Quickly you make your way back to the giant.

*No XP for killing the innocent poor and nice cricket :)

Rhun

First Post
Turo presents the cave cricket to the giant, stopping outside of the brute's reach and tossing the insect toward him. His spell still in effect, the gnome grumbles to the giant in its native language.

[sblock=Giantish]
You have our gold, and we have brought you your meal. Now, mighty one, I ask that you give us your knowledge. Tell us what you know of this place, so that we might find a way to escape its clutches.
[/sblock]

Remove ads