• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strategy game advice for a novice

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I'll third Civilization. Personally, I prefer Civ2 to Civ4, but Civ4 is pretty good, though there are some things I don't like about it. I am biased after having played Civ2 for almost 10 years.

Heroes of Might and Magic is good, too. The last one I played, and IMHO the best, was HOMM3. 4 was, um, not good. I have 5, but haven't played it.

One of my favorite games was Master of Orion 2. I don't know that it'll play on Vista, but it does play on XP. Very nice 4x game, turn-based. MOO3, its sequel, was a horrendous mistake.

Brad

Megaton

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Heroes of Might and Magic is good, too. The last one I played, and IMHO the best, was HOMM3. 4 was, um, not good. I have 5, but haven't played it.

I'll second that game (HOMM3). I got it about 4 years ago (certainly a bit belated!) on the recommendation of a friend and it is loads of fun. It runs so quickly too, even on my crappy Dell laptop, thanks to it being so old.

Remove ads