• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stubborn

How stubborn is your group about trying a new game?

• We try new games all the time!

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • We try new games once in a while.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • We're not against the idea, but don't to it much.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • My group doesn't like trying new games.

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • My group refuses to play a new game EVER.

Votes: 0 0.0%

corwyn77

Adventurer
My group is very malleable...I mean agreeable.

I have never been what anyone would call a D&D boy. When I first played AD&D (1E) I thought: what a cool idea; I wonder if there's anything like that out there that isn't so restrictive. :) And so my love/hate relationship with D&D;/class-based games was born.

That being said, I'm the primary GM in my group with a break every couple of years and my players are generally agreeable to play whatever system I deem appropriate for the game I want to run. My record is five straight games using a unique game system (Champion, GURPS, BESM, Mutants & Masterminds, Savage Worlds). My secondary group which WAS a group of D&D boys until I joined, played, in succession, D&D 3e, Iron Heroes, D&D 4e, D20 modern, Saga Star Wars, M&M (okay, admittedly all D20 or OGL but Iron Heroes is quite different from D&D and M&M was a fantasy game, also very different), BESM 3e. Next game will probably be GURPS or Savage Worlds or Feng Shui.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
My current group plays A LOT of different games and a lot of different types of games. We try out all kinds of games. But I would say we don't have any particular affinity for newly published games. We look at the whole of what's available.

Deviknyte

First Post
I chose We're not against the idea, but don't to it much. My group likes trying out new games, but we don't play as much as we use to. It's a shame really. I would love to try out Eclipse Phase, Witch Hunter the Invisible World, Low life and Sundered Skies settings for Savage Worlds, just to name a few. "We should try that out sometime!" seems to be a pretty common saying lol.
Witch Hunter is doing a Kickstarter, so now is the time to check it out.
(Too new to add full link.)

/projects/1418216834/witch-hunter-the-invisible-world-2nd-edition

Last edited:

Deviknyte

First Post
We're not against the idea, but don't to it much.

It really depends on the player in my group. Since I'm the one who's out in the gaming world, whatever I bring home my group will try. There is one person in my group who is totally in love with 3.5/Pathfinder and will only play games where he can break the system. But he is the only person beyond my gf and I who will invest in a new game.

Last edited:

Salamandyr

Adventurer
I'm actually the stubborn one. It comes from the fact that really, I'm not much of a gamer. I play roleplaying games because of the opportunity to pretend to be various heroic style people, to vicariously live in a fantasy world, or, as I usually put it, I like "pretending to be an elf".

I actually don't care much for the mechanics of gaming, and prefer that the mechanics of gaming be as transparent, simple, and flexible, as possible. Make the mechanics the focus of the game, and I quickly lose interest.

vonhist

First Post
I like to try new games when I can, especially at Conventions. Its also a great way to get
to know people outside your usual gaming circle.

Remove ads