• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stubborn

How stubborn is your group about trying a new game?

• We try new games all the time!

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • We try new games once in a while.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • We're not against the idea, but don't to it much.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • My group doesn't like trying new games.

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • My group refuses to play a new game EVER.

Votes: 0 0.0%

smartmonkey

First Post
My group tends to be more willing to try a game the smaller it is. I had to fight pretty hard to get stuff like L4R and Rogue Trader on the menu - both of which are big, expansive settings my players have no experience with. I had an easier time with Shadowrun, which some of us were already collectively into, and an even easier time convincing them to play smaller games like Traveler (the pocket rulebook really sold them), Fiasco, Microscope, Burning Wheel, and Dungeonworld. The less heavy the initial buy-in, the easier it's been to sell folk on a particular system.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I co-DM, and the other DM won't run anything but D&D -- he's nice about it, but just isn't interested. It makes sense -- of the two of us, he's the one with the better command of rules knowledge and game mechanics -- and that expertise is something that would be very difficult to recreate in a new system.

I run occasional side games to try out other systems, but they're few and far between.

-rg

diaglo

Adventurer
we play new stuff all the time. but we have a regular game too. the new stuff fits in when schedules conflict and not everyone can make it. or when we have a long weekend and we want to play new stuff.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
We actually tend to have the opposite problem. There are so many games we want to play that we have trouble sticking with a particular game for too long. In the last year between the 3 groups I've been involved in we've played:
  • GURPS
  • AD&D
  • Legend/MRQ
  • Legend of the 5 Rings
  • Exalted 2e
  • Edge of the Empire (One Shot)

Our Exalted/L5R group is currently considering
  • Dresden Files
  • Scion
  • Vampire : The Requiem
  • Exalted 3e

Add onto that I'm also really looking forward to possibly running a game of

• Edge of the Empire
  • New World of Darkness: God Machine Chronicles
  • Demon: The New Thing*
  • Something FATE Core

* Subtitle Not Yet Revealed

That's what you get for having such a GM heavy group.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads