Stuff that belongs in this forum...

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Is this forum only for product promotion, or can a person advertise their blog here as well?

I am starting a business, called OTTER, but I don't have products yet, just a blog about how things are going in the startup process.

Once I find out if I am allowed to post that, I will reply with the link.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll move this to Meta (for questions about the boards) as we don't want random conversations appearing in the press release list on the front page! :)

It's hard to answer without seeing what sort of post you mean. It's not really for posts which are just links to posts - it's more for posting your actual press release/announcement/what-have-you.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
It would basically just be an advertisement; "Hey guys, come check out my blog for the latest news on the development of the OTTER rules system, as well as tips and tricks to enhance your roleplaying experience." etc. (Followed by a link to the blog's main page.)

I can send you the link in a PM if you'd like to check it out.

Basically, I just want to start generating a little traffic, and make the website "known" to the community, so that when I DO have an announcement to make, people won't say, "OTTER? What's that? Never heard of it."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sure, that sounds fine. An ad for each blog post would be an issue, but one for the new blog in general is fine.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Would a single thread be ok? i.e., A main post that says, "Check out the blog," and then replies to that SAME thread, which say, "Here's what's new at OTTER"? i.e., I wouldn't create a new post, I would just be "bumping" a single thread from time to time.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sure, I guess. I'm really not all that keen on posts which are just links to posts elsewhere -- I ask myself "Why not just post the thing you want to say?"

But I guess it does no harm, so go ahead. :)

Remove ads