Sub-Mariner Movie News

Ranger REG

Explorer
Henry said:
You know who I think would make a good Sub Mariner?

Leo de Caprio.

Hear me out!

Hawkish features, youthful appearance, and slim figure - all very conducive to being Prince Namor.

Whaddaya think?
* gives you a confused, puzzled look, like you were born yesterday *

Uh, no.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
NC as Namor? I got two words for that. HELL NO. He does not even look the part and I don't think he can do the role justice. Now NC would make a great Dr Strange:).

My pick for Namor wold go to Billy Zane who defintely has the look, the build with a little toning, the height and he can pull off the conceited attitude with the best of them

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
As a friend pointed out to me that perfect Namor is Jason Isaacs.

isaacs2.jpg

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Isaacs,+Jason

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Yeah, that is pretty good.

I think Billy Zane would also be ok with the right director/script- he does not carry a role off well with a bad one of either.

SD

Henry

Autoexreginated
Actually, Sagan, I was joking, but being half serious too. DeCaprio, IMHO would fit the image of sub-mariner as he was depicted before the 1980's or so. He's got a really spare frame, and can do a regal bearing pretty well. Remember that the Sub-mariner like many super heroes has undergone several changes through the decades.

However, upon seeing Jason Isaacs, He would make one HECK of a face-double for the "more toned" Namor.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Henry said:
Actually, Sagan, I was joking, but being half serious too. DeCaprio, IMHO would fit the image of sub-mariner as he was depicted before the 1980's or so. He's got a really spare frame, and can do a regal bearing pretty well. Remember that the Sub-mariner like many super heroes has undergone several changes through the decades.

I apologize for my reaction, then.

I know Namor quite well- I own many of his appearances, and he is likely my favorite character.

While the actor is interesting, the story has me more concerned. I just don't see what could be done with him in a movie.

I would much rather have him be in a FF sequel- as a villian/love interest for Sue.

SD

Ranger REG

Explorer
Narrowing down the list...

I think Jason Isaacs would fit the bill. This might be his chance elevate his acting career, since he is basically an unknown (have taken supporting roles or cast as an antagonist).

Billy Zane would also chosen for his appeal and charm.

Sorry, but Leo do not make into the first round. Too scrawny, too young for a 30-year-old.

Bring on the next batch of victims.

jdavis

First Post
I was a big fan back in the invaders comic days. Fighting Nazi's just seems like the right angle to take to me, but I am sure we will get something much more goofy. Namor defender of the enviroment or such.

Sulimo

First Post
So, Cage has attached himself to Namor...I guess the cage curse will now kill that project too.

As for Leo...I did hear something about Leo playing Tony Stark...which had me running from the room in pain.

Remove ads