Sub-Mariner Movie News

Black Omega

First Post
What's the big deal about Leo and Iron Man? Tony Stark out of the armor was a flashy, good looking playboy, perfect for Leo. In the armor it won't make much difference who plays him since the armor will be a mix of costume and CGI.

You could make a case Stark should be older...but so? He acts young, age would be a minor issue. The actor in X-Men otherwise looked way to young to be Wolverine, but I thought he pulled off the role well.

Namor is a tough one though. I can't see NC in the role at all. I don'r care how buff he gets, a geeky looking guy with receeding hairline and big nose doesn't fit.:)

VB is on track, though. Jason Isaacs has a great look for the SubMariner. Very regal.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Black Omega said:

What's the big deal about Leo and Iron Man? Tony Stark out of the armor was a flashy, good looking playboy, perfect for Leo. In the armor it won't make much difference who plays him since the armor will be a mix of costume and CGI.
Yeah, but my image of a good-looking playboy does not look like he hangs with a hip-hop crowd "kicking in his crib," but one who attends elegant social functions, and knows how to ballroom dance.

Someone with a chiseled look without the scrawny body. In fact, modeled after the late JFK, Jr.

Now honestly, Leo is no way near charm and appeal or body of JFK, Jr.

VB is on track, though. Jason Isaacs has a great look for the SubMariner. Very regal.
Okay, now we are in agreement. So let's drop Leo.

Black Omega

First Post
Originally posted by Ranger REG
Okay, now we are in agreement. So let's drop Leo. [/B]

And agreement with us is a rare thing.:)

Truthfully, casting is an inexact science but I can't imagine what people were thinking with the ideas I've seen tossed around for Nicholas Cage. Ultimate square jawed defender of justice Superman. Seedy cockney urban mage John Constantine. And now the regal Sub-mariner. NC's agent must have some good blackmail on some people.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
The thing about Cage is that he really, really wants to play a superhero.
He's confessed in interviews that it's one of his little dreams. He's a long time
comic fan, he even named himself after Luke Cage (his real name being Nicholas
Coppolla and Francis Ford Coppolla's nephew).

Ranger REG

Explorer
IIRC, Nicholas Cage is a huge superhero and comic book fan.

Plus, you have to give prop for his acting skill and his range. He did pretty good in the movie, Adaptation, playing twin brothers: one is an introverted but gifted author, the other is a confident yet cocky womanizer.

In fact, I'd rather give him the role of Tony Stark, aka Iron Man.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
NC is at his best when he's playing a oddball role. That's why he would be great as Dr Strange or the Punisher. As for him being in the IM movie, that would be good but he'll have to play it straight which does'nt suit him.

Black Omega

First Post
I'm not a fan of the NC as Dr. Strange idea, but I can see how it would work. I still have the old 1980 or so Dr. Strange movie on tape and watch it now and then.;)

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Re

I would love to see them do a Ghost Rider movie if they did it right. That was my favorite comic book character in my youth. I read every Ghost Rider comic I could lay my hands on.

I made Ghost Rider for champions. I played Ghost Rider in Marvel Super Heroes games.

Ghost Rider is awsome. The Ghost Rider appearance would look great in a movie.

Remove ads