Sub-Mariner Movie News

Kriskrafts

First Post
Kenpo Wolf said:
I remember that comic. Black Widow, Hercules, Ghost Rider, Angel and Iceman if I recall correctly:)

Yep! Ran for 17 issues back in the mid-1970's, including some of John Byrne's first work at Marvel. Most of the issues were rather silly, and the team never really meshed well. The final two issues were the best, but by then the series was too far gone to save.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You know who I think would make a good Namor? Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith from the Matrix, Elrond from Lord of the Rings).

Namor has always looked sort of Spock-like to me, with an angular face and a vaguely pissed-off attitude. Hugo Weaving is perfect for that.

I doubt it'd matter who is Ghost Rider, since his face is a flaming skull. :D Seriously though, I never read his comics, and only saw him in a few cameos, so I have no idea who should be him.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Considering that I have not yet watch The Matrix but Lord of the Rings film, I can see Hugo in his elven feature. In a way, he does remind me of the old drawings of Prince Namor.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Alzrius said:
You know who I think would make a good Namor? Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith from the Matrix, Elrond from Lord of the Rings).

Namor has always looked sort of Spock-like to me, with an angular face and a vaguely pissed-off attitude. Hugo Weaving is perfect for that.

I doubt it'd matter who is Ghost Rider, since his face is a flaming skull. :D Seriously though, I never read his comics, and only saw him in a few cameos, so I have no idea who should be him.

HW definitely has the look and he can act pompous, as proven in LOTR, but he may be a little too old and he does'nt have a swimmer's body which would be required.

My pick for Namor would be Billy Zane who also has the look, although a bit younger, and can act pompous with the best of them. Already lean, which one who has been swimming nearly his whole life as Namor would have done, all BZ would do is pack on a little muscle

mattcolville

Adventurer
People forget that Leonardo DiCaprio is a good actor.

I'm just surprised they're doing a Namor movie at all. Nick Cage has been trying to get into a comic-book movie, any comic-book movie for 10 years. He tried to get a Power Man and Iron Fist movie made. That's where he got his last name. Then he was linked to Ghost Rider and Superman and everything else under the sun.

Namor is a strange choice for him. However, he's also a good actor. People forget that too, he doesn't always act like the guy from Face/Off.

Ranger REG

Explorer
mattcolville said:

People forget that Leonardo DiCaprio is a good actor.
We know he's a good actor. We just don't think he's good for playing Prince Namor.

Besides, he got that Trojan War film to work on, or was it Alexander the Great?

Namor is a strange choice for him. However, he's also a good actor. People forget that too, he doesn't always act like the guy from Face/Off.
Well, I did remember him in the film Con Air. :p

Remove ads