• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestion: No April Fools prank this year, please. (Forked Thread: About Reveille)

Forked from: About Reveille

In light of the situation regarding Reveille, I humbly suggest that EN World NOT do the traditional April Fools prank this year. I know it's sad and disappointing, because many people enjoy them. I also think that too many people's emotions will still be running too high to appreciate it, given the timing.

If this isn't the appropriate place to discuss such a suggestion, I apologize, and would be glad to direct my suggestion elsewhere.

Thank you.

Piratecat said:
We have a policy of never discussing moderator action. In this case, though, I'm going to make an exception because we'll need to talk about this. It's a community issue that affects many of us.

It has come to our attention that Reveille wasn't sick. He created the 'Rev's Mandy' account and fabricated his illness. I'm honestly not sure why; maybe he wanted attention, or needed to gauge how people felt about him. I don't want to guess, and I'm not sure I'm fit to judge, but there's no doubt about this and no possible mistake.

I feel really betrayed and manipulated by someone I liked and considered a friend. Mostly I feel disappointed and used. I probably won't be the only one. We have decided to ban Reveille, as this sort of behavior - this sort of lying - can not and should not be condoned. I apologize to the many people he's friends with and who have enjoyed his posts. If you wish to discuss this decision by the moderators, it's like any other moderator call at ENW: email me, don't discuss it on the boards themselves.

If you want to talk to him, he can still be emailed through the boards. Do not send him harassing emails. I figure he has enough problems already if this was necessary, and doesn't need abuse. Likewise, our rules about personal attacks still apply. That's a little tricky, though, because folks are going to need to talk about this for a while. Please use good judgment when you do, and report any posts you see that break our rules.

Finally... well, crap. This is one of the most frustrating and disappointing days I've had as a moderator over the past nine years. On behalf of our entire community, I'm sorry.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure after all that happened ENWorld's staff now have a good idea of what not to do for this year's prank. I also seriously doubt that they will change everyone's avatar to Rev's mug over here or at CM since it's too soon (and many will not appreciate the joke even though it would be funny).

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
You mean that you don't want to hear how Diaglo is leader author for 5th edition, the one true edition?

I thought 5th edition was going to be a reprint of 1st edition, with sticky labels covering the old edition number with the new ... but that's just what I heard...

(end thread derail).

As for the topic of the OP... the April Fools jokes have always been silly fun, never actual emotionally-charged items. Under the presumption that the mods have not suddenly been struck by stupidity to try something tasteless, I see no reason it couldn't be done.

Vurt

First Post
Traditions are important for the very reason that they ignore the day-to-day ups and downs of the world. Love or loathe the particulars of their implementation, they are a constant, a fixed position, around which the ocean of everyday events swell and sag.

Now if half the regular posters came down with serious medical conditions come April the first, while it would certainly be in extremely poor taste, I would probably still roll my eyes and chuckle a moment. But I strongly doubt anything like that would ever happen around here.

If economic times are tough, you don't cancel Christmas, you just make do with less boxes under the tree and find some other way to demonstrate your love and friendship.

I'm pretty sure after all that happened ENWorld's staff now have a good idea of what not to do for this year's prank. I also seriously doubt that they will change everyone's avatar to Rev's mug over here or at CM since it's too soon (and many will not appreciate the joke even though it would be funny).

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one here with a mug!:erm: Oh, you probably mean his face...:p

Remove ads