• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestion: No April Fools prank this year, please. (Forked Thread: About Reveille)

the Jester

Legend
Forked from: About Reveille

In light of the situation regarding Reveille, I humbly suggest that EN World NOT do the traditional April Fools prank this year. I know it's sad and disappointing, because many people enjoy them. I also think that too many people's emotions will still be running too high to appreciate it, given the timing.

If this isn't the appropriate place to discuss such a suggestion, I apologize, and would be glad to direct my suggestion elsewhere.

Thank you.

I challenge you to a duel to the death for saying such a thing.

Edit: You should let nothing, NOTHING rob you of your sense of humor.

PoeticJustice

First Post
What Rev did was wrong, but if we let one troll put the brakes on normal (or abnormal) life here at EN World, then I say the reactions to the trolling have totally overshadowed the trolling itself.

Whatever his motivation, it was a naked plea for attention. Don't give him the satisfaction of letting him have any more than he's already gotten.

diaglo

Adventurer
believe me or not, it doesn't change things.

but last year i was convinced i would get to run this site.
i commissioned Klaus to design a web page pic for me. i didn't tell him it was for here.
i chatted back and forth with mods and admins.

and i kept hinting to my players that i had some correspondence with publishers to get OD&D back in print.

i geared up to run this site as an OD&D site. April Fools or no. i planned to use it as much as i could to get the word out about real D&D.

then when the day came. i found out i didn't have admin rights. :doh:

so i had fun. but i got snookered too.

Felon

First Post
Forked from: About Reveille

In light of the situation regarding Reveille, I humbly suggest that EN World NOT do the traditional April Fools prank this year. I know it's sad and disappointing, because many people enjoy them. I also think that too many people's emotions will still be running too high to appreciate it, given the timing.
So, instead of April Fool's Day, let's have Solemn Brooking Over Sense of Betrayal and Violation Day instead? Pass. Life goes on.

April 1st is, like, two weeks away. That's a billion internet years. Folks will be over it by then. In fact, the vast majority probably don't care that much right now.

Last edited:

Anything dated April 1st is automatically suspect.

...and besides....

I wouldn't give Rev the satisfaction of ruining a possible April Fool's that can bring a smile / smirk / laugh to someone here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads