• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SumBiatch Crooks!

spidertrag

First Post
Just got word today that the storage 'sheds' my (soon to be ex, though amicable divorce) wife & I rent were broken in too....All four of them! :( :confused: all the furniture was gone---with two exceptions---my 'blue' desk which was (at least) 35 years old---no, they didnt take it, they just broke it! A set of chester drawers was also brocken---not quite as old, but it did use to be my grandmother's before she passed away.

Picture frames were taken (the ones that contained photographs were either 'trashed' or had the photos ripped out & frames taken---personal/legal papers gone---diplomas gone its just frickin unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I was looking forward to (as much as one can) in the divorce was getting all the old D&D stuff---the red & blue book, all the AD&D(1st) hardbacks, a bunch of modules, old dragon & dungeon magazines, & nigh close to 1000 miniatures, several boxes of collectible figurines (okay, action figures), a heck of a lot of art supplies (including my only airbrush & rapidograph set), & the list goes on w/assorted keepsakes that are monetarily worthless but meant something to me... :( Ya know, I cant, for the life of me, figure out why some low bred scum would steal some of the stuff they did----

Well, at least I'm left with the few 3E things that I was, prior to the divorce, trying to get rid off---as well as some crappy dice :uhoh: Though I do have some good news, I got Castles & Crusades players handbook today---I hope to get Monsters & Treasure in a couple more months when fundage is a little more freeer---I was planning to do some C&C homebrewing this weekend to put some of that old AD&D(1st) stuff in---looks like I'll need to do a little more 'brewin'.......Well, I'm off to a no internet unairconditioned trailer for the weekend----& despite all this CRAP that has come about lately, I'm goin to enjoy watchin the scifi premeir tonight----& hopefully actually be damned creative between the home brewin & drawing---I hope to have some stuff to scan & share with ye all monday---You try & have a great weekend, cause (shaking my fist defiantly at the dark thunderous clouds overhead)................. :D

see yall monday---hopefully :lol:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
That sucks. :(

I think there might be a great country song in that post though. :D

I'll be watching the Battlestar Galactica season premiere tonight as well - right after NY Yankees at Boston Red Sox! There's no country song in any of that though... :lol:

reveal

Adventurer
Sometime back, Steve Goodman wrote "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin', Darlin'" and David Allan Coe sang it. Near the end of the recording, Coe starts talking about how Goodman claimed this was the perfect country song. But Coe said it's not the perfect country song because it doesn't even mention Mama, or pickup trucks, or rain, or prison, or trains, or gettin' drunk. So he told him that, and Goodman wrote this last verse:

I was drunk the day my Mom got out of prison.
And I went to pick her up, in the rain.
But before I could get there, in my pickup truck,
She got runned over by a damned ole train.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Spidertrag - check if there were a lot of other storage sheds borken into at the time. If it looks 'aimed' at yours specifically, it may be part of the 'greater scheme of things' regarding the divorce...

Or I could be paranoid.

Henry

Autoexreginated
spidertrag said:
Picture frames were taken (the ones that contained photographs were either 'trashed' or had the photos ripped out & frames taken---personal/legal papers gone---diplomas gone its just frickin unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spidertrag, two BIIIIG questions:

1) Were you the one from an earlier post whose wife was being influenced by a cult-like minister?

2) You and your wife SERIOUSLY need to give some thought to identity theft prevention, RIGHT NOW, if some of those papers contained anything other than your name. Even then, some crooks try to use personal info such as full name and address to apply for credit lines, and then if they get approved YOU get burned for the expenditures.

DerianCypher

First Post
Henry said:
Spidertrag, two BIIIIG questions:

1) Were you the one from an earlier post whose wife was being influenced by a cult-like minister?

2) You and your wife SERIOUSLY need to give some thought to identity theft prevention, RIGHT NOW, if some of those papers contained anything other than your name. Even then, some crooks try to use personal info such as full name and address to apply for credit lines, and then if they get approved YOU get burned for the expenditures.

I concur. I work at an electronics retailer where we do credit in store. People come in all the time with bogus IDs and someone elses SSN to get credit. You should put a fraud alert on you and your wife's credit ASAP, and by ASAP I mean like.. stop reading and go do... now... GO! =)

Also.. did you have any sort of insurance from the rental storage company? Don't they have to pay for the stuff that got stolen since it was in their facility?

DC

Masquerade

First Post
Spidertrag - check if there were a lot of other storage sheds borken into at the time. If it looks 'aimed' at yours specifically, it may be part of the 'greater scheme of things' regarding the divorce...

Or I could be paranoid.

You and me both. I thought the same thing.

IronWolf

blank
HellHound said:

Or I could be paranoid.

Me three. That was the very first thing floating through my head when I started reading that post...

Lady_Acoma

First Post
I have to go with the paranoia and the make sure and prevent identity fraud posts. Have a great good time this weekend and screw all the bad crap in doing so for me though kay! Be thinking bout ya buddy!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads