Sundered Sky Story Hour

Excalibur

First Post
sound right so far

Yep thats what i rember thanks forgot about the Door, wait till i tell Kro looks like the silent runner will be going back to Nemoren's vault.

To pick up all that lovely IRON:)

The Sunderer

First Post
An Interlude

Below is a brief interlude that I inserted into the game at about this point... I ran it like a play with each player taking a different role and "acting" it out. I have done this a few times now and it seems to work well. Much better to show than tell.

We leave the Island of Nemoren and travel hundreds of leagues in but a blink of an eye. Before us is a small island barren of life, but for a single unremarkable tower and a jetty.

Inside in a fire illuminated circular room, a naked man practices his daily “sword dance”. His entire body is tattooed with realistic flames and such is his skill with the bladed that these flames seem to flicker and flare as he moves. Indeed his sword style also resembles a flame, seeming to never keep still, flicking out at his imagined enemies and consuming them with a greed and passion that is terrible to behold.

Eventually his two-hour ritual comes to an end and he stares into the blazing fire, only the light coating of sweat betraying the ordeal that he has just performed. He is Lord Sear, one of the six Runelords.

The double doors to the chamber and the arrival of another interrupts his thoughts. This man is dressed in hardened studded leather armour, and wears a distinctive skull like helmet that many say was constructed from the skull of a Fire Giant Chief who he defeated in single combat. Crossing his chest is a bandolier of shuriken. A rapier and a dirk can be seen on his belt. He is Seeker, Lord Sear’s most trusted advisor and bodyguard.

Sear glances at Seeker and scoops up his robe, tying the belt before he speaks.

Sear: I take it that there is news?

Seeker: Indeed, the Nemoren vault has been opened.

Sear: By the Keyholders?

Seeker: I am afraid so…Should I call in the Hounds?

Sear: No… They have the scent now and there summoning was a trial…Let them complete their hunt, but make sure we have agents nearby to retrieve either the keys or the blade.

Seeker: Our Agents on the island should be more than able to retrieve either… They have been useful before now.

Sear: Ah, yes, the destruction of that Orcish pirate ship. Tell me, do they report sighting the Dragon again?

Seeker: No, it was only spotted the once thirty years ago.

Sear: You may go…On second thoughts, it might be best if you travelled to the Island yourself, to oversee things directly…

Seeker: I will leave at once my lord.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Cool story! And a wonderful setting.
I like a lot all the info I've found in your website, the setting is original and different.

Riekhan

First Post
I love this setting!:) It's so interesting and original! Please, when you have time, can you put up a site about it (similar to many other story hour sites) or direct me to werever you formed your idea's? It really is increadible!:) :) :)

The Sunderer

First Post
My ideas

As Horacio said.. The (rather disorganised) site is in my.sig :)

Thanks for the kind words though :)

My ideas came from a myriad of places. Several novels (Dragon Wing and Shattered World books get the biggest nod)... A D20 setting published by Oriflam called Archipels (Which I have had the honour of writing for) and a smattering of Dark Sun...

My players and friends have come up with a lot of ideas - Most of these ideas will return to bite them later...

My biggest influence though is the Dreamcast (and soon to be PS2) game Skies of Arcadia.... Arcadia though is a much lighter setting than Sundered Skies, but it is a fun game with some great visuals... I am (almost) certain that Arcadia isn't a Bubble in Hell though.

The rest of it (voidlight, glowmadness and such) are mainly what I call "2am ideas". Stuff that occurs to you in dreams or when you are on the edge of wakefulness... I have all my best ideas at this time. :)

The Sunderer

First Post
Apologies to all three of you who follow this Storyhour.... I now have a month where I will have some free time and I will certainly b much more regular in my posts...

Remove ads