• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Super Heroes meets Arduin

Bleys Icefalcon

First Post
I have been tooling around with the idea for a few months now of a new campaign, taking my players well outside their comfort zone. I will have them generate Super Hero characters of relatively lite powers (no Thor's or Hulks - more like Hawk or Black Canary) one of them already came up with Polymer Boy, with the ability to manipulate plastics - and have them come across a super heavy baddie - The Dread Dormmamu. Granted Dorm Baby can't come across onto our Dimension due to the pact he signed with Dr. Strange oh those years ago, but he can and repeatedly has operated through agents. It's one of these agents they will encounter. The short of it: Is they will be banished to a land far, far away, and that land will be Arduin.

Most likely they will be bent on returning home, unfortunately the gate they arrive at with be a one way. Short of the intervention of one of Arduin's Greater Gods, they aren't getting home that way. I plan on rolling with the punches and allowing them to drive this - but have a few set plans:

1. Exploitation - they fall slightly outside the standard (even for Arduin) character parameters. Their uniqueness will attract all kinds of attention.

- The Game of Houses; many of the great houses of Talismonde have agents upon the plateau, and will be acutekly aware of the uniqueness of the characters.

2. Destruction - some of the being who may take notice will be bent on their eradication - especially if they pose a threat to any perceived balance.

- The Preservation Society will not appreciate any "mutant" genetic material being introduced to the general gene pool.

3. Getting Home - Arduin is not a friendly place, especially the farther away one gets from the Central Kingdoms. This said with a lot of work and perhaps more luck they should be able to find aid in getting home.

I have many of the Arduin original pamphlets, as well as the two "Compleat" Arduin softcovers - yet I cannot seem to find the (relatively) new hardback sourcebook. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. As would any ideas or inputs.

Remove ads