• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suport bard build

styker

First Post
I am needing advices to do a suport Bard 20, feats and equipments specially, one idea is to use words of creation feat, but i don´t know others cool feats for this kind of character.

Darklone

So what kind of bard do you want to be?

Wilderness archer, knight in white satin, womanizer, statesman, Elan (OotS)?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Archery would be my favored Bard role, but you need to get proficient with bows.

Levels in Crusader are awesome. One level of Barbarian is good. Six levels of Warblade are great, but won't actually give you bow proficiency.

You only need a few feats to be good at Archery: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, and Precise Shot.

Cheers, -- N

drdevoid

Explorer
Nifft said:
Archery would be my favored Bard role, but you need to get proficient with bows.

Bards are proficient with the shortbow and it's composite form. With spells like "Whirling Blade" (2nd lvl, SpC) which, admittedly, benefits from martial prof, I would think that would be good enough even when limited to +2 str (mighty composite shortbow) and 60' or 70' range increments.

Last edited:

Darklone

Alternatively, multiclass with fighter for 4 levels to qualify for Ranged Weapon Mastery later, take a light Crossbow, the Xbow Sniper feat and max out Dex. Rapid Reload takes care of Rapid Shot.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Darklone said:
Alternatively, multiclass with fighter for 4 levels to qualify for Ranged Weapon Mastery later
If possible, take Warblade 6 instead. Not just because Fighter is stinky, but also because Warblade levels stack with Bard levels for Inspire Courage if you take the Song of the White Raven feat.

And of course, White Raven stances can provide great boosts for your allies. :)

Cheers, -- N

Darklone

Nifft said:
If possible, take Warblade 6 instead. Not just because Fighter is stinky, but also because Warblade levels stack with Bard levels for Inspire Courage if you take the Song of the White Raven feat.

And of course, White Raven stances can provide great boosts for your allies. :)

Cheers, -- N
Any good way to include evasion in there ;)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads