Survival tips for Green Star Adepts

moritheil

First Post
Slaved said:
The Green Star Adept gets an ability at first level that allows it to add its class level to its caster level in one Arcane Casting Class. Does this mean that at level 10 in the class the character has +5 Class Levels for casting in an Arcane Casting Class which raises caster level plus an additional +10 Caster Level?

Where's the +10 caster level coming from?

szilard

First Post
Slaved said:
The Green Star Adept gets an ability at first level that allows it to add its class level to its caster level in one Arcane Casting Class. Does this mean that at level 10 in the class the character has +5 Class Levels for casting in an Arcane Casting Class which raises caster level plus an additional +10 Caster Level?

Over 10 levels, the Green Star Adept gets:

+10 to caster level
+5 levels worth of spells known/per day (not including caster level)

-Stuart

Ymdar

Explorer
Thanks for the advice guys! Now I'm having a valid argument against the ring of sustenance (which had balance issues at the least)

As for the Green Star Adept, since usually we have the needed stuff available in our campaigns, I think I'll try Fighter 3 (for more hit points)/ Wizard (or sorcerer) 2 and then progress to GSA.
And pray not to get hit too often. :D

moritheil

First Post
szilard said:

+10 to caster level

-Stuart

Then I suppose it gives you a net improvement of 5 to caster level, at the cost of not having access to higher spells.

Slaved

First Post
szilard said:

+10 to caster level

-Stuart

From what I recall there is no limiter in the spells known/per day section to assume this.

Ymdar said:
As for the Green Star Adept, since usually we have the needed stuff available in our campaigns, I think I'll try Fighter 3 (for more hit points)/ Wizard (or sorcerer) 2 and then progress to GSA.
And pray not to get hit too often.

Fighter 3?? Why not a class with a d12 hit die or some better evasive abilities? Or just stop at Fighter 2!

Ymdar

Explorer
I want to finish the PrC at the earliest levels possible. So I have to start the PrC at the earliest level possible (5). Since I need BAB +4 to get into the PrC, and want (the possible) maximum caster level I have to take three levels of a class that has 1/1 BAB and good hit die.
Hmm... maybe I should take knight or something similar?

rowport

First Post
Ymdar said:
I want to finish the PrC at the earliest levels possible. So I have to start the PrC at the earliest level possible (5). Since I need BAB +4 to get into the PrC, and want (the possible) maximum caster level I have to take three levels of a class that has 1/1 BAB and good hit die.
Hmm... maybe I should take knight or something similar?
If you were doing X3/Wizard2/GSA10 your INT will be high, so maybe consider Swashbuckler. That would give you Insightful Strike for a melee damage boost.

terror

Villager
I always like to run PrCs considered to be weak compared to others like my current air Elemental Savant who lives happily while every PC in the party died at least twice.
Since that campaign is soon coming to an end I layed my eyes on the Green Star Adept. And I was puzzled.
We always create PCs using the point buy system (30 pts). Since GSA loses all Con at 10th level how do you think I should organise my points not to die at low levels but not to lose many starting ability points by putting too much on Con?
I was thinking Con 12 and maybe an Improved toughness feat.

A completely unrelated question: Does a ring of sustenance allow a wizard to prepare spells every two hours? (I don't allow that in my own game but can't seem to persuade the other DM in the group)

Fey Heritage, then beauty's bounty at level ONE.

Then improved toughness aswell.

Dump all con.

Oh naughty word this is an old post.

Remove ads