• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Suspended) OOC 3.5 Eberron Shipwrecked Campaign

pathfinderq1

First Post
@pathfinderq1 , I forget if I mentioned it already, but you are also approved for 32 point buy. One quick question: Oalian is at least somewhat tied to the Wardens of the Wood from what I recall. Is that the sect you are leaning towards? The moonspeaker prestige class isn't necessarily a sect. AFAIK, members of any druidic sect could be a moonspeaker, so long as they are shifters.

>My impression was that the Moonspeakers were a separate sect- because they are so rare and shifter-specific they are not mentioned amongst the better-known sects. I could see your interpretation as well- if K'ihren is actually a member of one of the larger sects, it would probably be the Wardens (though, as mentioned, she has had at least some contact with all of the known groups- thus her knowledge of Elvish from the Greensingers and Orcish from the Gatekeepers; she isn't fond of the Children of Winter). FWIW, Oalian is mostly affiliated with the Wardens of the Wood, but is also mentioned as being the Great Druid, with some degree of authority over all of the Eldeen druidic traditions. I am still working on details for a back-up melee type if our possible barbarian doesn't show up.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Think of the moonspeakers as a family and the Druid sects as nationality. You may have members of the Gonzalez family originally based in Guatemala, however, over time some of them have moved to Mexico to find more work opportunities. As time went on some of them moved from Mexico to the United States, again seeking work opportunity. They are all tied to each other by blood (like the moonspeakers), but they all have different patriotic duties to different political entities (like the Druid sects). So the moonspeakers are a kin tie while the sect is a political tie.

Yttermayn

First Post
You would have a total of four feats. One for 1st-level, a second for reaching 3rd-level, a third for being human, and a fourth for human paragon. You would receive +1 to one attribute for reaching level 4 and +2 to one attribute for human paragon. Let me know if you have other questions.

Ooh, hey, I think I forgot my fourth feat. Sweet.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Okay, first draft is complete for K'ihren Cloudwatcher, shifter druid (post 134). I haven't made a 3.5 character in some time, so the formatting may be a little clunky- I hope I haven't missed anything important. Went straight PHB for spell selection- how are we going to handle Divine Focus components with our shipwrecked status? (Her DF would be a string of beads, similar to a rosary, with 12 beads of different materials representing the 12 moons).

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Spellcasters might have it a little rough to start out. Spellcasters will likely have lost any material components and foci they were carrying with them in the shipwreck and have to fashion or hunt for new ones. Most druids use holly and mistletoe as their focus, which is common throughout the world and shouldn't be too difficult to find. If you want to have a different focus (it does make sense thematically so I will allow it), you will have to find a way to make a new one after washing up on shore. Wizards are also at a disadvantage (although I don't think we have any) as they would not have their spellbooks and would be limited to only those spells they had memorized; further, if they cast any of those spells before finding the materials to pen them into a new spellbook, that spell would essentially be lost forever.

I wouldn't let these things worry you too much though. You will find many items along the way that will assist you.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
spam reported - by the way, [MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION], did you know that as the thread starter you can remove a post?

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Rain is essentially done WTEO the extra 4 points attribute buy and a feat. I am looking at two options, but keep swinging back and forth between the two. So I thought I would get some feedback. Keep in mind that Rain essentially sees herself as a warrior. I ditched the plan to give her some melee ability - with a longtooth shifter and a barbarian she would realistically just get in the way on the front line. So essentially she is a ranged fighter.

Option 1: Increase DEX from 14 to 16 (4 points) - this gives her an increased bonus in her core ranged attack to hit, as well her Reflex save and AC and Initiative. From memory it also allows access to some higher level ranged attack feats.

Option 2: Increase INT from 10 to 12 (2 points), WIS from 11 to 13 (2 points) - this gives her an extra skill point as well as increasing her bonus for in skills (Survival, Spot, Listen, Spell-craft and Know (Arcana)). Also improves her WILL save, which isn't a bad thing.

So essentially, it seems to boil down to Combat or Utility?

I have one feat left to allocate. I was thinking Precise Shot, Weapon Focus or Far Shot? Eschew Materials maybe (is that too metagamy?). Investigator maybe?

thotd

[sblock=Rain Mechanicals]Alignment: Chaotic Good.
Familiar: Crow (+2 fort save bonus)
Experience Points: 0001

Str 08 [00] -1
Dex 14 [04] +2 [+2 racial bonus]
Con 12 [06] +1 [-2 racial bonus]
Int 10 [02] +0
Wis 11 [03] +0
Cha 18 [13] +4 [level 4 ability boost]

Initiative: +2 _______ [+2 dex]
Armour Class: 13 _____ [base 10, +2 dex, +1 natural]
* Touch 13 * Flat Footed 11.
HD 1d4+3d12+4 (hp ??)
BAB: +3

Saves:
* Fort +6 ___________ [3 base, +1 con, +2 familiar]
* Refl +3 ___________ [1 base, +2 dex]
* Will +5 ___________ [5 base, +0 wis]

Skills (2*4)+(3*4) = 20
* Bluff +7 .......... (3 ranks, +4 Cha)
* Concentrate +5 .... (4 ranks, +1 Con)
* Gather Info +7 .... (3 ranks, +4 Cha)
* Knowledge Arcane +2 (2 ranks, +0 Int)
* Listen +2 ......... (0 ranks, +0 Wis, +2 racial)
* Search +2 ......... (0 ranks, +0 Int, +2 racial)
* Spellcraft +2...... (2 ranks, +0 Int)
* Spot +2 ........... (0 ranks, +0 Wis, +2 racial)
* Survival +x ....... (3 ranks, +0 Wis)

Spells per Day (Sorcerer 1)
* Level 0/1/2/3/4/
* Class 5/3/-/-/-/
* Bonus -/1/1/1/1/
* Total 5/4/0/0/0/
Spells Known (Sorcerer 1)
* 4 x 0th - XXX, Light, Message, Touch of Fatigue.
* 2 x 1st - Mage Armour, XXX.
Caster Level 4, DC 18 [10 + 4 + 4]

Racial Feats and Abilities
* +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
* Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
* Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
* Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
* Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
* Favoured Class: Wizard. A multi-class elf ’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multi-classing.

Class/Level Feats
* Point Blank Shot [Level 1]
* Sorcerous Blood [Paragon 1]
* Natual Armour +1 [Paragon 2]
* Breath Weapon 2/day [Paragon 3]
* XXX [Level 3][/sblock]

doghead

thotd
I had this idea. Players are make a numbered list of say 6* items they would like to keep after the shipwreck. They have to be small (2 lbs or less). You then roll once twice, whatever, for each character to see what the characters manage to hang on to.

Just a thought

thotd

* Obviously, the more items on the list, the lower the probability of getting a particular one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads