• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Suspended) OOC 3.5 Eberron Shipwrecked Campaign

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mostly worked out Yarvok's mechanics. DM opinion?:
[sblock=Yarvok]
Yarvok
Alignment:Chaotic Neutral
Deity: None
Race: Human
Class: Warlock (1),Human Paragon (3)

Experience Points: 0

AbilityScores

Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 15(+3)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 10(+0)
Wisdom: 10(+0)
Charisma: 19 (+4) (+2 Human Paragon)

CombatStats

Hit Points: 34 (3d8+1d6+4)
Armor Class: 13 ; +0[Armor]; +3 [dexterity]
Touch Armor Class: 13
Flat-FootedArmor Class: 10
Speed: 30
Initiative: +7 = +3 [dexterity] +4[Improved Initiative]
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Grapple: +0[strength]
Melee Attack: +2
Ranged Attack: +5

SavingThrows

Fortitude Save: +2 = 1[Con] +1[HP] +0[War]
ReflexSave: +4 = 3[Dex] +1[HP] +0[War]
Will Save: +7 = 2[Base] +3[HP]+2[War]

Skills of Note
Concentration 5 = +4[Ranks]+1[Con]
Use Magic Device 8 = +4[Ranks] +4[Cha]

Spot 4 = +4[Ranks] +0[Wiz]
Spellcraft4 =+4[Ranks] +0[Int]
Intimidate8 =+4[Ranks] +4[Cha]
Hide 5 =+2[Ranks] +3[Dex]

MoveSilently 5 =+2[Ranks] +3[Dex]

Weapons
EldritchBlast: 2d6+1, +6 to hit (+3 dex +2 BAB +1 point blank shot), ½ dmgto objects
Longbow:1d8+1, +6 to hit (+3 dex +2 BAB +1 point blank shot)

Feats

1stLevel: Point Blank Shot (+1 to hit & Damage within 30’)

HumanBonus Feat: Precise Shot (No -4 penalty firing into melee)
2ndLevel Human Paragon Feat: Improved Initiative
EventuallyWanna get: Scribe Scroll, Extra Invocation

Invocations
Spiderwalk– 20’ move on walls and ceilings, immune to normal and magicalwebs.

SickeningBlast – Fort Save, -2penalty on all attackrolls,weapon damage rolls, savingthrows,skillchecks,and abilitychecks.

RacialTraits
Size: Medium.
Speed: 30 feet
AutomaticLanguages: Common
Bonus Feat

BonusSkill Point each level
3rdLvl Human Paragon:
MartialWeapon: Longbow
+2Charisma
BonusFeat
AdaptiveLearning Skill: Spot
12Skill Points
Any10 Skills designated as class skills for paragon levels. (Skills ofnote listed above, minus Warlock skills, plus: , , , , )

Gear/Equipment/Valuables
NADA!

Whathe’s often Carrying:
Nothing at this time.

Description

Weight:152
Description:

Yarvokis a darkly handsome youth with a sardonic sense of humor, which winshim chuckles from others and ire from the target of his humor. Hehas rapidly learned to be unsurprised at the attention he receivesfrom females. Men have also occasionally tried to get close to him. They are quickly rebuffed though, rarely taking more than a glance ofa hellfire-lit eye to get the message. Yarvok’s angsty, teen badboy personality combined with his smoldering good looks have gottenhim both into and out of several situations. One such situationinvolved a lonely merchant’s wife in a port city, bored and withtoo much idle time on her hands. Yarvok returned once again to supfrom his sugarmomma, but she was no where to be found. He had a badfeeling that maybe they'd been found out or worse. The transactionof services and goods between them had netted him enough money to buypassage on a ship to Stormreach and a few meals, and he skipped townwithout ever finding out what had happened.

Background

Yarvokis pragmatic to the point of ruthlessness. At the age of 16, much tohis mothers delight, his warlock powers began to manifest. He had noidea who his father was. His mother was a witch, living out herexistence and raising her son in the sheltering embrace of a darkforest. Yarvok had never really had any interest in the dark arts hismother continuously pressed him towards, but ultimately, she won thatlittle contest of will. One day, as he was doing his favoriteactivity, (target shooting with a longbow he had been given for hisbirthday) his mother approached him. He ignored her as was his usualresponse, until her hand came to rest gently on his hip. "Such ahandsome young man..." she started. Yarvok paused, his aimingeye rolling to glance back at her as she pressed herselfuncomfortably close. "Have I ever told you of your father? Hisname is -" Yarvok never heard the rest. Baleful images suddenlyclouded his mind and his eyes. In them, he saw his mother, muchyounger than she was now. She was speaking in a foul soundinglanguage to a dark, man shaped figure. Two pinpoints of white hotlight emanated from where the figures eyes should have been. Thefigure held out a piece of parchment. His mother drew a small bladeand sliced her wrist, dribbling it on the parchment and smearing theblots into an arcane mark. The dark figure then rolled up theparchment and consumed it. The scene then changed, and now his motherwakes in the middle of the night, finding a dark and familiar shapestanding at the end of her bed. In an instant, the figure is on her,and Yarvok understands what he's seeing to be the night of hisconception. Through inborn infernal logic, he comes to understand thenature of the deal struck by his mother: She sold the soul of her yetunmade child to some abyssal being.

Shesold HIS soul. His fury overwhelmed him and he lashed out, not withhis body, but with the arcane fire that seethed within him! He hearda deep, resonant, and thou roughly vile laughter in his mind, andwhen his vision cleared, his mother lay before him - dead. The samevoice sounded again "The deal is struck, son. You got the power,and you delivered me her soul. She should have realized you cannotsell someone else’s soul. You only succeed in damning your own.Revenge is sweet, and never again will she use my true name to bindme to her petty pursuits!" The presence in his mind fadedcompletely, leaving Yarvok alone with his dead mother.
Feelingambivalent and stunned, Yarvok sat there in the dirt beside the bodyfor a long while. Finally, the pragmatic part of his brain took overand he began the task of burying her. He wasn't terribly afraid ofretribution from local officials; they only came this far out once ayear to collect taxes. Nonetheless, he had no desire to stay in thisplace any longer. He scavenged what goods he could from the cottagehe'd lived most of his life in, shoved a burning stick from thefireplace up into the thatch of the roof, and headed out the door.

Notes:

Airwalkrr'srules for Human Paragon and Warlock level interaction:

Foreach +1 level of existing class, a warlock advances a) invocationsknown, b) power of invocations known (least, lesser, etc.), c) levelof invocations and eldritch blast, and d) damage of eldritch blast asif he had gained +1 warlock level. You do not gain detect magic,damage reduction, or any other class-based features of the warlockclass. So as a 1st-level warlock/3rd-level human paragon, you wouldknow 2 invocations (same as a 3rd-level warlock), which may be takenfrom the least lists. Your access to invocations of higher powerwould be two levels higher than usual (so upon reaching 4th-levelwarlock/3rd-level human paragon you will gain access to lesserinvocations as well). Your invocation level and eldritch blast levelwould be 3rd (for purposes of overcoming spell resistance,determining duration, etc.; same as a 3rd-level warlock). And youreldritch blast would deal 2d6 damage (same as a 3rd-levelwarlock).

Thiseffect does not stack for other spell-casting classes. So if youchose to take a level of wizard, you would be treated as a 1st-levelwizard if you chose to advance your human paragon levels as awarlock.
[/sblock]
Sorry. It seems I missed this. Looks good to me.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ayais would take levels of Sacred Purifier and/or perhaps Hunter of the Dead. See Keith Bakers's article. If allowed, he might alternate levels of Sacred Exorcist.
I just noticed this as well. The only prestige classes I am allowing at this time are those from the core rules (minus the purple dragon knight and red wizard as they are based on Forgotten Realms concepts) plus those from the ECS and XPH. I will consider prestige classes from Eberron source books however.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have edited the OP to add a roster. It looks like I am still awaiting details from [MENTION=6705220]Red Knight[/MENTION]. Also, everyone but Red Knight and Lou have qualified for the 32 point-buy so far. [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], the last post I see about your character did not include much background so I could not really get a feel for the character. But I may have missed something. Let me know if you have updated anything or if I missed something.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
fyi: I am done, I think.

I am sorry If I seem a bit reclusive lately. i am presently being hunted by the secret service for voicing my objection of the present POTUS, for his claims of citizenship are falsified. Our numbers were few but now half of us are captured and places in 'service camps' where they will work prison labor until they are 'expired'. I mus go now. They will be able to track me soon!

The Resistance!

Yttermayn

First Post
fyi: I am done, I think.

I am sorry If I seem a bit reclusive lately. i am presently being hunted by the secret service for voicing my objection of the present POTUS, for his claims of citizenship are falsified. Our numbers were few but now half of us are captured and places in 'service camps' where they will work prison labor until they are 'expired'. I mus go now. They will be able to track me soon!

The Resistance!

Done also. Hear hear!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Np, Scott. I am moving at the speed that keeps me comfortable without making it seem like a chore. I think the next step for me will be setting up the Obsidian Portal site. As much as I like EN World's campaign manager, it has historically been not as reliable as I would like. I will update when I have the site up. If you want something to do in the meantime, sign up for OP if you haven't already. I will also put up a prelude soon.

Graybeard

Explorer
airwalkrr, Duran Thorn is nearly updated but I need clarification on a couple of things regarding the Human Paragon class .

According to the Human Paragon abilities, Duran would receive a Bonus Feat at 2nd level of Paragon and a +2 to one attribute at 3rd level of Paragon. Would these be in addition to the Feat received at 3rd level and the +2 attribute boost at 4th level? If so, this would give Duran 4 feats and a +2 for two attributes or a +4 to one attribute.
Thanks,

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
airwalkrr, Duran Thorn is nearly updated but I need clarification on a couple of things regarding the Human Paragon class .

According to the Human Paragon abilities, Duran would receive a Bonus Feat at 2nd level of Paragon and a +2 to one attribute at 3rd level of Paragon. Would these be in addition to the Feat received at 3rd level and the +2 attribute boost at 4th level? If so, this would give Duran 4 feats and a +2 for two attributes or a +4 to one attribute.
Thanks,
I think level 4 attribute increase would be a +1 [PHB, CORE RULES PG 22] table 3-2, and the paragraph right above it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer

Thanks,
You would have a total of four feats. One for 1st-level, a second for reaching 3rd-level, a third for being human, and a fourth for human paragon. You would receive +1 to one attribute for reaching level 4 and +2 to one attribute for human paragon. Let me know if you have other questions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads