Swamp Trek III: The Search for Ter-raen

Richard Rawen

First Post
(OOC: I'm about to step in to close this down. I'd rather not RP the trial, if you guys don't mind, but we do need to make a decision about Richard. Richard? There is a druid available with reincarnate. Your choice.)
Bring on the scales! erm, tooth and claw! no, wait, sure, bring on the Next Great Adventure
(humanoid traits optional, some restrictions apply, see random creature table for details)...
*closes eyes and crosses his ghostly fingers*
... well, not all of them...
*sighs*

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: I feel at a great loss of words for this end of a game.

ic: Karl is silent during the trial with the exception of when he is called to give testimony. When they plunge Corvin into the water head first, The young human watches for a short time but turns his head while the the remaining life leaves the convicted executee. The return trip is in complete silence, however the further away he gets the less drained of color he becomes. When in cragger's rest he remains politely silent, speaking only as much as needed.

The trip home is spent pretty much in silence but he at least looks like he is alive with proper color to his face. After about an hour after leaving Cragger's rest he dares to speak a few words.

"No offense all, but I hope to never return back to this part of the world."

edit (addendum)

After a bit more walking with his mule in tow, Karl has a bit of a look of wonderment on his face. addressing the other two he asks, "What could any of the three or to include richard pureheart, the four of us done differently to have improved the outcome?

I mean, I personally think Corvin lead himself to his own grave, but the lizard folk are still in dire straits here. They need such basic items as rope, I would guess for a net or such."

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Yeah, killing the hydra certainly does warrant some xp, thanks. I would have awarded full XP for simply escaping and carrying on the quest, so I can't think why I wouldn't award full xp for killing it, albeit with casualties. So:

Gildrim: 400xp
Weel: 450 xp
Karl: 450 xp

...on top of the previous award. That's calculating it at CR 5, because CR 4 is silly for that thing. That OK with you, Rae?

Richard Rawen

First Post
Gratz Weel!
And yes, RR is willing to give the roulette wheel a spin, I'd hoped I'd been plain in saying it twice now, and maybe there's the teeniest bit of ambiguity to the above assertion, so here goes:

Please Reincarnate Richard Rawen.

Thanks!
M

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

IC:
"Weel, Gildrum, just what can we do to undo the terrible thingss that has happened so far?"

OOC:
Behold, I give you an open for the idea!

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: GildrIm! Grrr...

"They can choke on their hatreds," Gildrim snarls. "Warm blood an' cold mebbe shoudnae mix, same as beards an' pointy ears. Nae guid comes ay it."

"But... weel, Ah didnae want tae say anythin', for fear ay givin' false hope, but ye twa seem tae need comfort. Sae, ye micht remember th' lizardfowk elder wi' th' cockodril skin, jaws an' aw, ower his heid? Raither splendid, Ah thocht. Weel, Apikotoa put in a word wi' him, an' Ah did a bit ay bowin' an' speakin' in my best dragontongue, an'... tae cut a story short, he took Richard's fingerbanes wi' him. An' tho' th' trial an' all its kerfuffle took precedence, he seid he'd dae whit he coud. An' oan th' second day, we were tae wait by th' north-west edge ay th' swamp, tae see whit we micht see."

Scott DeWar

"So you are suggesting that a return to life may have a consequence, a cost , unknown until it is done?"

Karl has no assurence of hope or loss of hope at gildrum's words toward Richard's fate.

"And so having just his finger bones is enough for this transformation to occur?"

Remove ads