Sword Coast Legends Survey; Plus Ranger Feedback Results!

Interesting stuff on the ranger. But a whole survey on Sword Coast Legends. Hm. I don't even know what it is, really. And said as much when I answered.

Interesting stuff on the ranger.

But a whole survey on Sword Coast Legends. Hm. I don't even know what it is, really. And said as much when I answered.

Sacrosanct

Legend
What they need is core generic rules for animal companions and then give the Ranger class powers that buff those basic abilities.

Pretty much. Not a huge fan of the "mystical creature you summon" version, because in my mind, a beast master has those beasts with him all the time. More Beastmaster and less Visionaries

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
For the next step, we’ll take a pass on designing a ranger that focuses more heavily on the animal companion and makes it a default part of the class.

NOOOOOOOOO<drops to knees in anguish>OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Orlax

First Post
Sweet they ended up at the place I said they would. The special thing for rangers is the companion. Can't wait to see a pass where the animal companion is assumed and they devote major potions of the class to it.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Interesting I cant wait to see what the new beast focused ranger is i think it could be cool will definitely give the ranger some unique schtik if they get a scaling animal companion with significant damage and HP. Not sure how it will turn out or even appeal to me i can see how it would but at the same time i can pick issues with it.

As someone who loves Rangers but dislikes(only a lil i just HATE spell casting and more specifically the way 5e gives everyone spells) the current ranger(ok i only have issues with this wilderness paladin bull and the spells) i do think it has been beaten to death move on pick a new class do something new hell find a new horse

Hell if you want to fix the ranger its simple add in a subclass for pets a subclass for spells and have the core class be based on scouting and hit n run tactics.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads