• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

As Vakeva accepts the medal - a demonic skull pierced by four red swords - he can't help but think back to those terrible days beneath the city, when he and his new friends were struggling to find their way back to the surface. He shuts those thoughts down quickly, before more than a flashing image of the demon can pierce his calm, and focuses on the matter at hand.

Though he's been an "irregular" for most of his long life, 'Keva does have some experience with more formal military so he adds his eyes to those of the others as they inspect the troops. He accepts the entrance of the others with equanimity, giving Aravashnial a quiet smile and a nod in recognition of the man's service and of the restoration of his eyesight.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Took the Righteous Medal of Valor, though I haven't gotten the story written as yet.[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 10/11
Mythic Surge: 03/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
When the party completes their troop inspection and return to the queen, she continues:

"I presume all meets with your approval? These knights have volunteered to aid you in retaking Drezen and their loyalty and devotion are true." The Queen notices some of your eyes falling the the 4 with her. "I am sending four others with you that will, no doubt, be invaluable. This is Aron Kir, a cleric of Shelyn here in Kenabres before the temple was destroyed. He can help with healing as needed but he's also quite knowledgeable about demons and their tactics. Sosiel Vaenic is an expert on siege tactics, traps, infiltration, scouting and the like. He's where you'll be getting your map of the Citadel, incidentally. And lastly, this is Nurah Dendiwhar. She'll be supporting you with her bardic magic, but she's also an expert on the region and knows more about Drezen than anyone in Kenabres at this point, I'll wager. And of course, I believe you already know Aravashnial the Elven Riftwarden of Kenabress

I've never been one for ceremony, and you've a lot of work ahead of you - I wish you luck in your mission and hope to hear of your triumph soon!"

[sblock=OOC]It will be helpful if you guys can read up on the mass combat rules before the adventure begins as combats on this scale get quite complex.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/mass-combat

I think, too, it wouldn't be fair to just throw you into it as most of us (myself included) have not used this form of combat before so maybe as we march and rest for the night - we run one or two "practice combats with the troops split in half. Thoughts? [/sblock]

Attachments

• Aron Kir.jpg
    Aron Kir.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,173
  • Sosiel Vaenic.jpg
    Sosiel Vaenic.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 810
  • Nurah Dendiwhar.jpg
    Nurah Dendiwhar.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 653

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=OOC]It will be helpful if you guys can read up on the mass combat rules before the adventure begins as combats on this scale get quite complex.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/mass-combat

I think, too, it wouldn't be fair to just throw you into it as most of us (myself included) have not used this form of combat before so maybe as we march and rest for the night - we run one or two "practice combats with the troops split in half. Thoughts? [/sblock]

[sblock=army stt block-WIP]

Name: Knights of Kenabres

Alignment: LG

Size: Medium; Number: 100; CR of individual creatures

Type: Human paladin Level: ?

hp: 5/level

Army Challenge Rating (ACR): This is based on the CR of an individual unit from the army and the army's size, and scales like CRs for monsters. To determine ACR, see Table: Army Sizes and apply the modifier for the army's size to the CR of an individual unit in the army. If an army is cavalry, use the mount's CR or the rider's CR, whichever is higher. For example, an individual orc warrior 1 is CR 1/3, so an army of 100 orc warriors 1 is ACR 1/3; an army of 500 orc warriors 1 is ACR 3 (4 steps greater than the standard 100-unit army). If a group's ACR would be lower than 1/8, it doesn't count as an army—add more troops until you reach an ACR of 1/8 or higher.

Defense Value (DV): This is a static number the army uses to resist attacks, much like an individual creature's AC. The army's DV is equal to ACR + 10 + any bonuses from fortifications or a settlement's Defense score.

Offense Modifier (OM): This is a modifier added to a d20 roll to determine the army's chance of success, much like an individual creature's attack bonus. The army's OM is equal to its ACR. If the army has the ability to make ranged attacks, that's mentioned here. Melee attacks and ranged attacks use the same OM unless an ability says otherwise.

Tactics: These are any army tactics the army has at its disposal.

Resources: These are any army resources the army has at its disposal.

Special: This section lists any special abilities the army has.

Speed: 24 miles (2 hexes)

Morale: This number represents how confident the army is. Morale is used to determine changing battle tactics, whether or not an army routs as a result of a devastating attack, and similar effects. Morale is a modifier from –4 (worst) to +4 (best). a new army's starting morale is +0. Morale can be further modified by the army's commander and other factors. If an army's Morale is ever reduced to –5 or lower, the army disbands or deserts and you no longer control it.

Consumption:
-if I recall correctly, a build point in kingbuilder could be bought for 4000 gp, so cost of a paladin 1 army of 100 would cost 4000 per week, right?-

This is how many Build Points (BP) an army consumes each week (unlike most kingdom expenses, this cost is per week, not per month), representing the cost to feed, hydrate, arm, train, care for, and pay the units. An army's base Consumption is equal to its ACR divided by 2 (minimum 1). If you fall behind on paying the army's Consumption, reduce its Morale by 2; this penalty ends when you catch up on the army's pay.

Commander: This entry lists the army's commander and the commander's Charisma modifier, ranks in Profession (soldier), and Leadership score. The commander must be able to communicate with the army (possibly using message spells and similar magical forms of communication) in order to give orders or provide a bonus on the army's rolls.
[/sblock]
I figured I would make a stat block for the army when I saw the list of stats in the srd info

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The paladins are level four. You will need to appoint a commander from among your ranks or petition the queen for one if none of you feel up to the task. You will continue to make decisions as a group, but for purposes of the combat rules one of you must serve as the commander and issue the orders to the troops. It quickly becomes clear from speaking to the scouts that the Queen has already chosen the optimal route based on the available intel.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sir Sheldon will gather the companions together and discuss the need of a commander for the troops, " I recommend the grizzled one there. He can lead troops through something the others have not been, I think. We need to talk to him to be sure."

ooc: scratch that post.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Mechanically Meliara is the obvious choice. Thematically it would be Sheldon. This is one of those times I am bound to be annoyed by the roll-playing impositions made by the game. +3 is a big and important difference, right?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Mechanically Meliara is the obvious choice. Thematically it would be Sheldon. This is one of those times I am bound to be annoyed by the roll-playing impositions made by the game. +3 is a big and important difference, right?

OOC: .... the young Meliara is probably not the right person for the job, though she certainly would have no problem speaking to the men... just not planning out the warfare, moves, and all that jazz. It should definitely be someone who will enjoy that. Any RISK players? lol

Leif

Adventurer
Banaq, Elf Sorcerer L6, Archmage T1

Banaq is of the opinion that either Sir Sheldon, Jack Randlay, or Thorn would make an excellent commander. Given the rough equality of their abilities and the nature of our foe, however, Banaq feels that Sir Sheldon would be the marginally better choice.

Remove ads