SX:2 The Antiques Roadshow (Keia judging)-Completed

Salix

First Post
Velmont said:
"I would have agreed with you ten years ago, Doctor, but with all these Supers around, we have some recorded mutant, but other that we can't explain there power except by magic... so if these artifacts is supposed to be a doomday device in the hands of someone, it would be a mistake to put that track aside. And what the mask looks like?" asks Sergeant, thinking of the masked wizard who stole the amulet.
The mask looks eerily similar to the one used in the robberry, but none of our footage is high quality enough to say for sure.

"That's very helpful, Dr. Theodopolis. Anybody else have any questions? Once we finish up here, we might want to take another look at the scene, then we'll be on our way."
Where are you going next? I could try to find out who bought the Winged Disked Tablet. My cell phone number is on my card", she says offering card.

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
Where are you going next? I could try to find out who bought the Winged Disked Tablet. My cell phone number is on my card", she says offering card.
Avatar took the card, looked at it, and started entering the number into his PDA. "Well, we're going to see if there have been any other thefts, reported or not", he replied, answering and not answering her question at the same time. "Would you be so kind as to track down that Tablet? There's no sense just calling Kensington's cold and asking, we can probably track that down as fast as you can. But if you know someone, that might help." Avatar finished tapping on his PDA, and handed the card to Sergeant. "Here, you might as well hang on to this", he suggested. "Oh, and I can give you a text version next time we swap files", he informed as he held up his PDA to emphasize his meaning.

"Are we done here? Anyone need to see the display case again?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Psyren shakes her head, "No, I think we done."

[sblock=Salix]Psyren withdraws from the Dr's mind.[/sblock]

[sblock=Avatar]Psyren projects the image of the angular face of a bald man with a dark goatee. A deep scar runs from his forehead through his left eye and down to his jawbone.

"You know who this is?"[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Salix: ]
Bront said:
Psyren projects the image of the angular face of a bald man with a dark goatee. A deep scar runs from his forehead through his left eye and down to his jawbone.

"You know who this is?"
Uh, Salix, you're going to have to tell me. There's nothing in my background about someone like that...does Avatar recognize him?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
El Jefe said:
"Are we done here? Anyone need to see the display case again?"

"Nay, I need not see such again. Verily, we should begin our search for this vile wizard and thief. We shall see how his magics fare against my blade!"

Paladin then walks over to Dr. Theodopolis and takes her hand in farewell. (Unless she resits) He raises her hand while giving a short bow and lightly kisses her knuckles for but a moment before speaking. "Twas a pleasure to meet with you, madam. We thank you greatly for your most wise words and counsel."

Straightening up, he walks back to the others in preparation for leaving.

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
[sblock=Salix: ]Uh, Salix, you're going to have to tell me. There's nothing in my background about someone like that...does Avatar recognize him?[/sblock]

[sblock=El jefe] That's the guy. I was going to tell you in stuff of dreams, but forgot. Hope you don't mind me embellishing on your character's background. Everyone needs a nemesis ;) [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Let me take some picture before leaving... just in case we need to remember something." Sergeant take out his digital camera, and make many picture, from general view to close view of the different place the robber have been.

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Psyren: ]
Bront said:
Psyren projects the image of the angular face of a bald man with a dark goatee. A deep scar runs from his forehead through his left eye and down to his jawbone.

"You know who this is?"
Avatar responded to the message, thinking his answer back at Psyren.

"That...that thing you sent me...that's him. That's Sam Dawson. How did you get that image?"[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
Paladin said:
Paladin then walks over to Dr. Theodopolis and takes her hand in farewell. (Unless she resits) He raises her hand while giving a short bow and lightly kisses her knuckles for but a moment before speaking. "Twas a pleasure to meet with you, madam. We thank you greatly for your most wise words and counsel."
Dr. Theodopolis seems to blush uncomfortably and then says, "Anything I can do to help"

As Sergeant is taking the photos Dr. Theodopolis walks up to him with a manuscript in her hand. "Here is Dawson's original paper on the tomb of Amar-Sin. This is a picture of the mask. We can scan a copy if needed."

El Jefe

First Post
Velmont said:
Sergeant take out his digital camera, and make many picture, from general view to close view of the different place the robber have been.
When Sergeant finished his photo survey of the crime scene, Avatar thanked Dr. Theodopolis a second time for her cooperation, and apologized for not staying longer on the grounds that the Resolutes wanted to pursue the leads they had before they grew cold.

Once back on the plane, Avatar made his way to the cockpit and extended a hand to the pilot. "I hear you go by Dick, is that right?", he asked. "I go by Avatar, at least when I'm in the suit. Dick, we need to go to England pronto. Manchester International for sure, then maybe Heathrow after that. Can you get us there?" When Dick assured him that it wouldn't be a problem, Avatar thanked him and offered his services should the crew have any questions about the flight.

Back in the cabin, he called a team meeting. "Ok, listen in, here's the plan. I'm going to pay Lord Brixton a call, he's an old friend of mine. We need to find out who bought the piece that was auctioned off in London not long ago. I'll give the good Dr. a few hours to turn something up, then call her back. Meanwhile, we can ask Mr. Wheeler if anyone back home can tap a database, make a few calls, help us out. Those of us with the skills can work on our own through this craft's data links. If none of that pans out, two of us will see Lord Brixton and two of us will go to Christie's in South Kensington. I'm sure you've heard of it, it's a big auction house that has a special antiquities sale four times a year. Psyren, I definitely want you to go to Christie's if we need to do that; Sergeant, I'll let you decide if you're more use at Lord Brixton's place or at Christie's. Paladin, you go wherever Sergeant doesn't; either way I think you'll find your time well spent."

"Any questions? Let's go find that Tablet! Oh, and keep an eye out for Samuel Dawson, I think he's involved with this somehow. There's no mistaking him...he's got a big scar that runs from his forehead across his left eye and all the way down to his jaw. That and he thinks he's smarter than everybody else. We go way back...I wouldn't put this past him."

"Any questions?"
[sblock=Salix: ]I hope you didn't mind my taking the liberty of locating Lord Brixton's estate in Cheshire. If you need to have it someplace else, just let me know and I'll edit my post to fit. Our plan is to search for the buyer of the Winged Disk Tablet electronically and by proxy. We'll definitely check in on Brixton and ensure the safety of the Prayer Stela. If we don't have more information on the buyer of the Tablet by the time we touch down, we'll split two off to take a hop with Dick to London while Avatar talks with Brixton, then meet back up (probably in London) when we have more information.

Oh, and of course I'll call Lord Brixton from the air and make the arrangements. Likewise, I'll call Dr. Lisa at a reasonable hour Chicago time and see if she's turned up anything. And of course, we'll contact Wheeler and see if someone back there can search for the buyer from Headquarters while we're in the air.[/sblock]

Remove ads