• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

Salix

First Post
Ghost fails to stop the machine. Aquaphibian hits the trap door and swim towards the surface. When he breaks throught the surface he spies Twilight Gryphon battered and barely holding on to consciousness. Twilight Gryphon is unable to break the hold and is further crushed by the machine.

JRYoung

First Post
Aphib, seeing TG's condition, swims down to build up speed and launches himself out of the water up to TG and the robot's hand. He will try to help TG pry loose of the robot's grip.

OOC: I guess this will be something like "aid another" or joining a grapple. Either way here is a grapple check.

Grapple to aid TG (1d20+20=22)

Salix

First Post
OOC:
I was waiting for Ghost to post, but I think I'd like to give everyone a chance to revise their posts. Grappling is probably not going to work against something this big. Maybe a wise expenditure of hero points or a power stunt would work. Think about it and let me know if your actions change.

Salix

First Post
OOC: Ghost hasn't been on for six days. I'll roll for him. Did you guys want to follow your previous actions, or propose something different?

Raylis

First Post
OOC: Honestly, I'm at a loss for what else I can have her do...unless there's a way to rip the robot's hand off it's body...but that still seems like a grapple check would be required.

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: TG's in quite a bind, literally. We could look for a power stunt that would allow her to escape any grapple, like incorpreal or teleport or something like that. I was thinking that ripping off the thumb or the entire hand might be possible, but the robot would probably have to fail a Toughness save (and that ain't going to happen). Aphib is ready to throw in the towel and count on Ghost to disable the robot, so far their physical attacks have done nothing...

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: TG needs to be able to generate either a really high grapple check (impossible, even if aided), generate a really high Escape Artist check (also impossible), or do a power stunt to gain a power that allows escape (Insubstantial, Elongate, Dimensional Pocket, maybe Shrinking, Spatial Control/Teleport, Super Movement - Dimensional / Permeate / Temporal maybe). There are a bunch of options, you only need the GM's approval.

OOC2: We could use the same mechanism Aphib used, something like this: Aphib leaps from the water and grabs onto the Robot's hand. Pull as he might he cannot free TG from the Robot's grasp. Aphib opens his maw wide and an until-now unnoticed glands in his throat retchs up a slippery substance covering TG. The slick flem makes TG impossible to hold on to, she slips from its grasp and falls to the water (Power Stunt from his Immunity power that mimics one rank of Insubstantial). Cheesy, yes, but the game rules support it ;)

Remove ads