• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

Raylis

First Post
"You realize that we will be attempting to close large steel gates to stem the flow of gallons of water rushing through, correct?" Twilight Gryphon says, giving the controls one last fleeting look before moving towards the door.

Raylis

First Post
"There should be a manual overrider switch somewhere, we should try that before attempting to physically close the floodgates."

Salix

First Post
While the heroes look for a way to close the floodgates, the wheedling voice of Dr. Null boom's the speakers attached to the six robots outside the second powerhouse.

You have defeated my Iron Juggernaut, but it won't help you in the end. I have set my machine into motion. My Seismic Converter was to be my gift to humanity, limitless energy for all mankind. But you weren’t worthy were you? No, you just take and take and take. You were jealous of my genius, jealous of my vision. You’re ants, petty bitter ants, and I was a fool not to see it.”
“Oh, you’ve vexed me. Your arrogant heroics have been a thorn in my side, too often. But I see now that it is fitting that it should come down to this, that I give my gift back again.”
“I built the Seismic Converter to absorb the energy from the tectonic movement in the earth itself and then transform it into electricity, but I’ve come up with a far better use for it. A trivial matter to reverse the process and use the electricity of this dam to create oscillations in the planet’s crust, an earthquake of a magnitude the world has never dreamed!”
“Would they remember the man who tried to help them, tried to rescue them from endless toil? No, but they will remember the man who brings their cities down around them, the man who brings this world to its knees!”

A loud ominous sound emerges from the power station. The sound of a jet engine leaps to their minds. The earth shudders in a small spasm.

OOC: Going to be out of town for a week for on top of a two week vacation I had planned. This is probably agood stopping point for a bit. We are nearing the end.

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
"Dams have secondary shut mechanisms, if we can find it we may be able to close the floodgates and stop the turbines that generate the power from moving. Baring that it would be easier to stop the generators-destroying them if we must and having one our resident super scientests rebuild them, then trying to physically close the floodgates against thousands of gallons of rushing water.

Twilight Gryphon heads for the door, "Although an easier solution might be to find Null's device and smash that.

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Back from vacation

Aphib: "Sounds good to me TG, we have got to find the a shutoff, the device itself, or destroy the generator. So far we haven't found much of anything. Let's keep looking for a shutoff, next will be the generator since the device may be there."

Raylis

First Post
"I wonder if we can call up a schematic from the dam from here, find out where it is and head straight there. She moves over to a console, checking to see if it will.

Remove ads